All Busy PSTN response

Is it possible to get asterisk to just stay in a ringing state instead of the standard ‘all circuits are busy. Please try your call again later’

What I ultimately want is to have a queue that tries ringing my mobile and just to keep the caller in the queue if all the PSTN lines are busy. At the moment when all the lines are busy the caller is transferred to the standard ‘please try your call later’ ? not very friendly to the caller

i’m guessing here that you’re using FreePBX/A@H ??

you could acheive this by using a queue with your destination as a static agent, or by creating a custom extension that simply dialed your number over and over until a ZAP channel became available.

I have tried this but when the caller is put into the queue they still get put through to the ?all circuits are busy ? please try your call again later? and then they are hung up on

I have tried this but when the caller is put into the queue they still get put through to the ‘all circuits are busy ? please try your call again later’ and then they are hung up on

log file output would be useful.

what do you have set for the “unanswered” option on the Queue ? the other method i’ve used in the past with AMP is to create an ringgroup that falls over to itself on no-answer.

The problem is that asterisk thinks that the call is answered when it responds with the ?all circuits busy message? otherwise it would work.