ACN - should this config work as intended?

Hi,
I’m trying to achieve the following functions in my setup:
Internal phones can use G722 or alaw. When calling out over the trunk, we can get offers for both codecs, but the trunk provider will not make any transcoding - if the destination is G722 capable, we will get that offered in SDP, otherwise only Alaw is offered. We don’t want to transcode on our Asterisk either.
As I understand, with ACN this should be possible to achive?

My config for my internal endpoints now has the following config:

codec_prefs_incoming_offer = prefer: pending, operation: intersect, keep: all, transcode: prevent
codec_prefs_outgoing_offer = prefer: pending, operation: intersect, keep: all, transcode: prevent
codec_prefs_incoming_answer = prefer: pending, operation: union, keep: all, transcode: prevent
codec_prefs_outgoing_answer = prefer: pending, operation: union, keep: all, transcode: prevent

As I was unsure, if the same config is needed on the trunk, I added it there, too.

When I make a call from my phone (G722,alaw) via the trunk to a destination without support for G722, the call still gets transcoded on Asterisk.

Am I missing something in my config? Should this even work this way?

Tanks!

ACN is not fully implemented, so no, it won’t work as you want currently. The option to prevent transcoding does nothing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.