A long shot but can anyone here help with trixbox issue?

Hi,

Before I post the question I know this is a long shot but can anyone here help with Trixbox as I know it is Asterisk (if im right???) Does it break forum rules or anything?

I’ve tried posting on there forums but its is just so slow getting a response.

Don’t worry if not!

Thanks alot
Joe

Hi

Post the question and if its trix specific you will be told so.
the core of trix is Asterisk patched. so many things are similar.

Ian

Ah thanks alot :smile: Just didn’t want to waste anyones time!

What it is I have Trixbox connected to Skype SIP all registered and receives calls in and can call out. I then bought another skype connect trunk as I need to seprate numbers. That is all registed in Trixbox and if I ring either number they ring to extension 201 all ok.

What I would like to do is have 1 number go to extension 201 and the other number go to extension 202. I have tried following tutorials but don’t get anywhere and always end up with it not working or both still ringing extension 201 :frowning:

Can anyone help me please :smile:

thanks alot
Joe

Hi

Ok we are talking skype connect here correct ?
When you say you purchased another trunk do you mean another channel or another whole skype connect trunk ?

basically you can have skype conncet set up as below.

skypename1-------\
online number-----\
skypename2---------\-----------------Skype connect peer------->asterisk

each online number or name should take in its own id and calls can be handeled by that, This is how we handle it here and for customers.

What does your config look like.

if you post it remove PW’s

Ian
www.cyber-cottage.co.uk
Twitter @cyberco

Hi,

Thanks alot for the reply :smile:

Im talking skype connect yes :smile: What it is is i bought a different user number in same acount (the ones thats like: 992735253272) so i have 2 of these numbers that are different with different phone numbers on them if that makes sense?

And what config info? The one for the trunk?

Thanks alot and sorry I’m newish to all this haha :smile:
Joe

Yes the Trunk config.

I see so you have 2 skype connect trunks so their calls are billed separate.

Hi,

Yeh thats right its under the same account but seperate trunks for billing etc :smile:

The trunk is below (obviously one for each but only difference is the number a secret)

username=***
secret=***
type=peer
qualify=yes
insecure=invite
host=sip.skype.com
fromdomain=sip.skype.com
disallow=all
allow=ulaw&gsm&alaw
context=from-trunk
fromuser=***

Hi Do you have a register line ?

See cyber-cottage.co.uk/site/index.p … &Itemid=63 for a setup guide for vanilla asterisk and skype

Ian

Hi,

Yes I do its all registered with skype etc and works fine I just want to seperate the 2 lines to different extensions :smile:

Hi,

I have had a look at that link but still can’t seem to get anywhere. I have tried adding the below (with my number obviously :] )

[skype_in]

exten => 9905***,Noop(${CALLERID(name)} , ${CALLERID(num)})

exten => 99051***,n,Dial(SIP/202,30,t,r)

exten => 99051***,n,voicemail(202|u)

and nothing works it still dial’s extension 201 :confused:

Hi

To work out whats happening would need to see debug or a siptrace

Ian

Hi

Thanks for your help :smile:

Im new to this so how do I do this debug or SIP trace please?

Thanks alot
Joe