Zttool looks ok, but no channel activity

I just changed my providor from McLeod to Qwest. The McLeod T1 was a very old type that used em_w. The new T1 is switchtype=national and signalling=pri_cpe.

The only changes made were in the zapata.conf for the signalling type. Now the zttool shows that there are no alarms, but it won’t show any channel data. Before the change I could see the channels activating from each direction (TxA-D and RxA-D) Also there is no change in Act even when a call is in progress.

Calls work correctly and there are no known issues with calls. zap show channels shows what channels are in use.

Obviously I am missing something. Thanks for your help.

Current Alarms: No alarms.
? Sync Source: Internally clocked
? IRQ Misses: 0
? Bipolar Viol: 0
? Tx/Rx Levels: 0/ 0
? Total/Conf/Act: 24/ 24/ 0
? 111111111122222
? 123456789012345678901234
? TxA ------------------------
? TxB ------------------------
? TxC ------------------------
? TxD ------------------------
?
? RxA ------------------------
? RxB ------------------------
? RxC ------------------------
? RxD ------------------------

[channels]
switchtype=national ;for local pri
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer=yes
restrictid=no
usecallingpres=no
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
signalling=pri_cpe
callwaitingcallerid=yes

group = 1
context => motors
channel => 1-14

switchtype=national ;for local pri
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer=yes
restrictid=no
usecallingpres=no
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
signalling=pri_cpe
callwaitingcallerid=yes

group = 2
context => nissan
channel => 15-23

OK, I have the news from digium that the zttool needs to be updated. Who knows the most about this tool and wants to help me update this tool?

did they just say you need to get the latest source, or are they saying that the codebase for zttool needs developer time before you can get the results ?

the former would be easy, the latter brings to mind the fact that with 1.4 going for a release any day, it’s going to be a while maybe before you get someone to have eyes-on.

Hi baconbuttie,

Digium did not say that it would be updated for 1.4. I am willing to get my hands dirty with the code. I am just looking for some background information on the tool. I can read the source code, I am just looking to see the bigger picture.

Any suggestions or directions would be appreciated.

I plan on using the 1.4 code to start with…

aj

as oustcat has indicated in the descriptions for the “Developer” forums, the devs don’t visit here, and instead you should probably send a message to the -dev mailing lists, or visit the #asterisk channel on IRC.