Zapata.conf; reverse group?

Hey all, i have a 1.2 * installation at a somewhat busy call center type location. We’re having the problem ( sometimes ) where incoming calls are coming in RIGHT as * tries to dump a call out on the line. So the incoming caller hears the digits being dialed, then is connected to the person calling.

So far this has happened twice that I know of, once to myself.

The problem, I believe, is due to the fact that the incoming and outgoing calls are both fighting for the same order on the zap lines. Ie; I have lines 17-24 in a hunt group from the telco. So when a call comes in, it starts at 17, then starts failing over until it finds an open line. At the same time, my callers call g0, which starts at 17 and fails over until it finds an open line.

So what I’d like to do is reverse the order * tries in g0. Instead of starting at 17, start at 24 and go down. I feel this will minimize the problem to the point of being it being irrelevant.

Is this possible? Is this the right way to fix this problem? If this can’t be done in the software, would there be a problem with reversing the actual wires on the 66block?

Thanks

change the dial string from Dial(Zap/g1…) to Dial(Zap/G1…)

the capital G indicates to hunt for the highest numbered zap channel that is available, in other words, top down, versus bottom up.

see here:

voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Zap+channels

and look under “Dialing a Group”

HTH

[quote=“whoiswes”]change the dial string from Dial(Zap/g1…) to Dial(Zap/G1…)

the capital G indicates to hunt for the highest numbered zap channel that is available, in other words, top down, versus bottom up.

see here:

voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Zap+channels

and look under “Dialing a Group”

HTH[/quote]Ha, would you believe I looked that thing over about 5 times before I admitted I was stumped?

'scuze me while I got get a starbucks. Geeze.

Thanks for the help.