You do not appear to have the sources for the 2.6.18-128.1.1

I have tried everone suggestion to fix this and it does not work to install dahdi-linux or tools. I tried ln -s /lib/modules/uname -r/build/ uname -r and ln -s kernals/2.6.18-128.1.16.el5 build and ln -s kernals/2.6.18-128.1.16.el5 linux. I have tried putting these files in /usr/src, /usr/src/kernals, /usr/src/linux then go to the /usr/src/dahdi-linux type make the same message appears

[root@server dahdi-linux]# uname -a
Linux server.localdomain. 2.6.18-128.1.16.el5 #1 SMP Tue Jun 30 06:10:28 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

[root@server dahdi-linux]# rpm -q freepbx
freepbx-2.5.1-1_centos5

I cannot get my outside pots lines working.

any ideas

thanks

You need a “configured” kernel in order for dahdi to build, not just the sources extracted onto your system. Basically, you just need a /usr/src/linux/.config file. The dahdi Makefile looks for this file when you start the make. If it doesn’t exist you get the “You do not appear to have the sources” error. Your distribution should provide the .config file that they used to build the kernel. Check /boot/config*. Hope this helps.

kernel is singular and spelt with an e.

For RPM based systems, you need the kernel-devel RPM, which is a subset of the full kernel sources needed to compile kernel modules.