Write on the phone lcd display

Hi everybody,

I’m trying (but with no response :frowning: ) to display a customized string on the display of a SNOM phone.
I’m using phpagi.

could someone help me?

thanx

Would also like to be able to do this for an Aastra. Presumably i’d have to send a special SIP message to the phone? Can anyone give some pointers on this?

The reason behind this is to be able to set the callerID when doing a pickup, rather than displaying *8 or an extension number that does Pickup().

If not possible, i’ll just have to send a winpopup to the user’s PC…

Have already tried the alternative pickup patch, but it doesn’t really work properly, especially with call-limit=1.

Many thanks, Hamster.

the guys at Aastra have provided pretty good info on the XML push interface for these phones. i use an app to take input from a web page and send it to the screens of assorted Aastra phones, the php is below :

[code]<?php

function push2phone($server,$phone,$data)
{

url-encode the xml object

$xml2 = “xml=”.urlencode($data);
$post = “POST / HTTP/1.1\r\n”;
$post .= “Host: $phone\r\n”;
$post .= “Referer: $server\r\n”;
$post .= “Connection: Keep-Alive\r\n”;
$post .= “Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n”;
$post .= “Content-Length: “.strlen($xml).”\r\n\r\n”;
#echo $post;
$fp = @fsockopen ( $phone, 80, $errno, $errstr, 5);
if($fp)
{
@fputs($fp, $post.$xml2);
flush();
fclose($fp);
}
}
##############################
$xml = “\n”;
$xml .= “Push test\n”;
$xml .= “This is a test for pushing a screen to a phone
\n”;
$xml .= “\n”;
push2phone(“192.168.10.2”,“192.168.10.105”,$xml);
echo $xml;
?>[/code]

you’ll get the idea. remember to make sure your Aastra config allows XML push from the server it’s coming from.

Fantastic! thanks baconbuttie, looks just the job, i’ll give that a go today!

All the best, Hamster.

OK, i’ve tried this now (we’re using Aastra 9133i phones with three lines of display).

With the latest firmware 1.4.0.1048 the XML “IP Phone Text Screen” does not work. We get “Page Load Error”.

On the older default firmware 1.3.1.1095, it does work, but doesn’t do what we want.
The title is displayed on the top line only, then you have to press down arrow to see the actual data (which uses all three lines), then right arrow to quit the screen (the destroyOnExit option doesn’t seem to do anything).

We just want it to display a caller name and number, then go back to normal after hanging up.

I’ll report this to Aastra as a firmware bug, but looks like we’re back to square one and will have to see if it can be done with SIP messages somehow…

All the best, Hamster.

if you’re using agi, you could use: SEND TEXT too.

polux*CLI> show agi send text
for more infos.

[quote=“junky”]if you’re using agi, you could use: SEND TEXT too.

polux*CLI> show agi send text
for more infos.[/quote]

Unfortunately i get SIP response 405 “Method Not Allowed” from the Aastra 9133i.
Also tried SET CALLERID.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway,

All the best, Hamster.

[quote=“Hamster”]With the latest firmware 1.4.0.1048 the XML “IP Phone Text Screen” does not work. We get “Page Load Error”.

On the older default firmware 1.3.1.1095, it does work, but doesn’t do what we want.
The title is displayed on the top line only, then you have to press down arrow to see the actual data (which uses all three lines), then right arrow to quit the screen (the destroyOnExit option doesn’t seem to do anything).

We just want it to display a caller name and number, then go back to normal after hanging up.[/quote]

I’ve had a response from Aastra and am posting it here as others may find it helpful.

“IP Phone Text Screen” DOES work with the latest 9133i firmware, but they’ve changed the format slightly. When doing a POST, the data must not be URL encoded.

In baconbuttie’s example, the line:

$xml2 = “xml=”.urlencode($data);

becomes

$xml2 = “xml=$data”;
and you can drop the “Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded” line.

Small bug: strlen($xml) should read strlen($xml2).

NOTE: this applies to the Aastra 9133i, don’t know if its changed for the latest 480i firmware as well.

However, you still have to press downarrow to see the data, then right arrow to exit that screen. The users would get pretty irritated by that, so we can’t really use it…

Hamster.

An update:

Aastra have made changes in the latest firmware release (1.4.1), so that you can now send a single line of text to the Aastra 9133i with the XML command AastraIPPhoneStatus. No need to press buttons on the phone now.

You can also reboot phones with the new AastraIPPhoneExecute XML command. Very handy with an office full of phones.

A great improvement, seems to work very nicely…

Hamster.

With Aastra it is possible to push XML messages to the phones that sets their phonestatus (displaymsg), but the XML message must be send to port 80 of the phones.

When deploying Asterisk in a remote situation (Asterisk in datacentre and clients connected by broadband) all the clients are behind a NAT wich makes the peers unreachable for port 80…

Anyone has a suggestion how to use the XML push methods in such a situation?