Will astarisk work with Panasonic DBS 96

We need to set up a new voicemail server with an analog phone system - the Panasonic DBS 96. Our old one bit the dust.

and is this card the correct card? store.digium.com/productview.php … =1TDM404EF

I spend three hours trying to find out this for myself rather than posting to a forum. Posting a question on forums has become something I dread considering how some forums are. One mistake and all hell breaks loose.

I attempted to post this last Friday and am surprised that it was not here so I think I missed something in the process and it never got posted, or it got deleted for some reason.

Hi

Yes thats the card, But its going to be fun getting it working. from memory the DBS voicemail uses inband dtmf to signal to the voice-mail.
heres a useful programming details. austintele.com/dbsvm.htm

as to asterisk you will have to set the system up similar to voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … onic1232vm

Have fun.

Its been over 15 years since ive worked on a DBS im amazed any are still out there.

Ian
www.cyber-cottage.co.uk
Twitter @cyberco

I looked at the first link and I find that this link is all about programming phones that have displays. These phones do not have displays.

There is a number on the back of the phones HAC VB-44230-G I am guessing maybe we might have to buy newer phones.

I do have this huge TOME, and I mean this thing feels like it weighs more than 20 pounds, I might consult this tome. :open_mouth:

Thanks so much for the prompt reply and the nice details. :smile: :smiley: