Why not two external IP addresses for Asterisk?

It’s not something I’ve looked into or scoped out because not many people have brought it up, so I don’t have anything else to add really.

Understood. I really appreciate all of the insights you have shared. Thank you so much.

Yealink phones support multiple SIP server addresses if it helps, They can do primary/failover or dual registrar to two servers at the same time.

Following up here, I seem to have hit a snag with my plan. When I try to configure multiple TLS transports as shown in the example config above, I get errors like the following:

ERROR[2174] res_pjsip/config_transport.c: Transport 'system-internet-tls-2' could not be started: Object with the same type exists (PJSIP_ETYPEEXISTS)

The documentation here seems to suggest that mutliple TLS transports should be possible. However, this documentation states that:

PJSIP does not allow multiple TCP or TLS transports of the same IP version (IPv4 or IPv6).

When I run pjsip show transports I only ever get one TLS transport, so I guess the second link is correct. Maybe the first link is just out of date? Or, am I doing something wrong in my config?