Where to begin for my problem?

Hi !

I’m a french freelance developer and i would like to integrate a sort of PBX system in my actual “intranet” service.

I explain:
-I’have a database with my clients informations. This database is used by other services. I would like to use this database for my pbx system.

• I want to call a number with a specific SIP phone (1 phone = 1 user)
  • I want to know how long was the call (for stats).

I don’t need a queue service, neither users services because they will be managed by my service.
In fact, i just need a sort of driver or function call to link my system to the SIP phone.
I really don’t know where to begging, which service i have to use etc.
Thanks by advance for answers.

Hi,

As far as I understand You want to

Make calls to with clients from a SIP phone (Web Phone, Softphone, Deskphone or whatever)
Gather call-records for this.

What I’m missing in Your description: Should this phone-solution interact with Your customer database or whatever You’re using?
If there should be any interaction should it be for both directions - in- as well as outgoing calls ?
And: Are we talking about exactly one SIP-Phone without call fowarding, parallel ringing a.s.o. ?

In detail You will need to answer much more questions to get a solution fitting exactly Your needs but this could be a start …

In the easiest case (one phone only and no fowardings a.s.o.) You may do it (not elegant but ready to work) all within the phone (as phones usually also collect call statistics), in all more complicated scenarios it would be better to install and configure a real PBX for doing the logic and organizing the call stats.

However: When You’re completely new to this You should probably ask for professional support …

Thanks for your answer.

[quote] Should this phone-solution interact with Your customer database or whatever You’re using?
If there should be any interaction should it be for both directions - in- as well as outgoing calls ?[/quote]

No. My “phone solution” just take a phone number, send it to a SIP phone and record the call. It’s only for outgoing calls, NO any incomming calls.

I “just” need an interface to my SIP phone. For the moment, my employees read the phone number on my service, take the phone and enter the phone number manually. I want it to be automatic.

Thanks again for your help.

Ok, in this case the solution will vary depending on the phone model.
Several phones offer an API where You may send a request (html, xml) containing the destination number to the phone.
You’ll only need to know whether Your phone model supports this (e.g. SNOM and AAstra phones support this). For supported phones You’ll need an association between the User (or the Users PC) and the IP-address of the phone where the call should be initiated.

Thanks for your answers.

Iwill check tomorrow the phones models. I’ll update the topic after the check.
Thanks again for your help.
:mrgreen: