What differece between AMP and a2billing

If i want to use both these tools to create users ,what the system will be like?Does the users can be manager by one of them? The cdr will be recorded in diffrent database?I must use billing function,so which one is the best between AMP and A2billing? Thanks .

I use both AMP and a2billing on a asterisk@home installation.

There is no conflict or problems to use those two applications at all.

Users in AMP and users in a2billing is two totally different things. A user in a2billing is typically a number of a calling card, as an example: 3276536436

As I have configured it a trunk in a2billing is just a reference to the trunks that is already defined via AMP.

I have tried to set up my server using a clean Asterisk installation (actually astlinux) and I have also set it up with the bundeled AAH installation.

I have never tried to install AMP on top on a clean or standard Asterisk installation. Is this difficult ? Will it require a mysql installation ?

Reason for question: The astlinux installation I have made have had a performance that has been, I think much superior to the AAH, but is lacking all the nice functions of AAH. It would be interesting to try to make a installation that is something between.

Thanks your reply
If the users must be billinged,so I must configure the user with a2billing,is that so?If we must configure a meetroom,I must configure with AMP,is that so?The trunks configured by AMP is different the trunk configured by a2billing ,that means you must configure a trunk by a2billing again although you have already defined a trunk in AMP.They are all different ,is that so? Thanks.

a2billing is an quite ok way to restrict a asterisk user logon so it can not be used unlimited.

The way I am using a2billing the only way into the account is by calling up one of my telephone numbers. Then the caller can type his/hers telecard number.

The way I am using the trunk configurations I just set up the trunks in AMP. Then I use a trunk name as a pointer to an existing trunk in a2billing. I don’t define any new trunks in a2billing, I just use the existing one.

There might be orher ways, but the way I use it has been rather straight forward to set up and it works rather reliable and without a problem. The functionality is quite the same as for a calling card system. I don’t deal with real money, but I have set up some acounts for some friends, that is restricted to some countries and typically 10-20 dollars.

Thanks for you reply.
I have been confused the a2billing for many days.The a2billing is still cant work now. How to reference the trunk in a2billing which halve already been deifined in AMP. When i call ,the message is always as following.but I dont understand it.
– Executing Answer(“SIP/1184-d1fc”, “”) in new stack
– Executing Wait(“SIP/1184-d1fc”, “2”) in new stack
– Executing DeadAGI(“SIP/1184-d1fc”, “a2billing.php”) in new stack
– Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/a2billing.php
a2billing.php: IDCONFIG : 1
a2billing.php:
– Playing ‘prepaid-enter-pin-number’ (language ‘en’)
== Spawn extension (callingcard, 22, 3) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/1184-d1fc’