VOIP newbie

Guys I love this stuff. I have been on the data side forever and I am excited about voice. So I am so new that these questions will seem regardless. I have narrowed down all the choices and really love Digium\Asterisk. However my clients are having a hard time biting off on the pricing for the aa65.

However I am pushing on. Here are the basics.

1- How do I get the phone lines into the system? I don’t want to be stuck with pots lines?
2- Can I get VOIP lines like Vonage or something before they go digital into the sytem? Are these SIP trunks?
3- Can I get any internet service and get Broadvox to give me phone lines.

Brad Wilson

1- How do I get the phone lines into the system? I don’t want to be stuck with pots lines?
Well you can buy card voiplink.com/Digium_TDM400P_ … dm400p.htm it allows phone lines in and out.
2- Can I get VOIP lines like Vonage or something before they go digital into the sytem? Are these SIP trunks?
Well you can subscribe to vonage and get voip service from them. But they are in business of providing voip lines (digital)
they have big asterisk like system in place were they connect regular telephone lines to it voip customers/
3- Can I get any internet service and get Broadvox to give me phone lines.

You can use voip lines from broadvox voip.ms over internet.

Of note:

Digium discontinued the TDM400 long ago and replaced its functionality with that of the TDM410. The TDM410 provides superior interrupt latency resilience, PCI compatibility, and facilitates the use of DSP-based echo cancellation.

At this point in time, TDM400 cards are wholly unsupported.

Cheers.