Voicemail Options

Hi Guys,

I have inherited a system built on asterisk 1.4. It is currently only operating as a voicemail server with custom voice prompts for retrieving messages and changing greetings. I am required to re-produce this voicemail server on another system using the same voice prompts. The new sytem is build on 1.6.

On the old system, the Vm script is something like this:
“Welcome to … voicemail”
“You have x new messages” | "You have no new messages"
0 - "Press zero to change your personal greeting"
1 - “Press one for New Messages”

On the new system there seems to be more options to do with mailbox storage and advanced options, I dont’ have recording for these and I wish to make it as easy and simple to use as possible. Is there anyway to re-create the 1.4 script on the 1.6 server without the additional options?

This is the voicemail logic from the extensions.conf file:

exten => s, 1, Verbose(1,"DNIS: ${CALLERID(dnid)}. CLI Name ${CALLERID(name)}. CLI Number: ${CALLERID(number)}.") exten => s, 2, GotoIf($[${CALLERID(dnid)} = 00111951] ? 5 : 3) ; If caller dialed the retrieval number, its a retrieval exten => s, 3, GotoIf($[${CALLERID(dnid)} = 101] ? 5 : 4) ; If caller dialed the retrieval number, its a retrieval exten => s, 4, GotoIf($[${CALLERID(dnid)} = 181] ? 5 : 6) ; If caller dialed the retrieval number, its a retrieval exten => s, 5, VoicemailMain(${CALLERID(number)},s) ; Voicemail Retrieval exten => s, 6, VoiceMail(${CALLERID(dnid)},us) ; Voicemail Deposit exten => s, 7, Hangup exten => s, 107, Verbose(1,"No such voice mail box as ${mbox}!!") ; No such mbox exten => s, 108, Hangup
This indicates that the standard voicemail macro is being used without a custom one.

Any ideas on what is possible?