Voicemail Notify - Manually trigger

We currently use a Zertron Sentryvoice auto dialer for in building alarms. This machine is very old (but still supported) and uses an analog phone line to dial out. I would like to automate the process a by using the voicemail notify module, which we currently use and depend heavily on.

What I am looking to do is this.
Write a script to copy a pre-recorded message to a voicemail “new” folder and the text file that would look like a new voicemail message.
Trigger the VM notify module to to see the new message and do its thing.

Trouble is I am having difficulties figuring out what calls the VM notify to see the new message and go to work. I see in the logs after a message is left something triggers VM notify, but it looks like the PHP files are encrypted (probably due to being a commercial module) Does anyone have any insight on how to accomplish this?

It sounds like you’re referring to FreePBX, which has its forum at https://community.freepbx.org/

I am using FreePBX, and they have a commercial module added to handle the voicemail Notify. All of that works as it should. The trouble is it appears Comedian Mail (app_voicemail) is what triggers the VM notify app with some arguments.
I can place a wave file and text file in the inbox folder and trigger the VM notify app by dialing my voicemail. The end result would be to have a script to place a pre-recorded message into that folder and then trigger the MN notify. I am looking for a command in the script to simulate a call to VM to trigger that external VM notify app with the correct arguments.

See also: Voicemain Notify - Manually trigger - Applications / Modules - FreePBX Community Forums

David, that is my original post in the FreePBX forum. Lorne Gaetz has been very helpful but recommended reaching out to the Asterisk side.

To elaborate a little, I essentially need to do the same thing as if a voicemail were transferred from one mailbox to another. When a new message is received something triggers in the comedian mail app that sends an email and triggers the external notify application, with the correct arguments.

I need a command that will trigger this as if a new message were received but am striking out.

Have you verified if there is any AMI event fired, you can use this to trigger your script

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.