Using feature Proxy Channel?

Hi,

I would like to use some FEATURES through AMI/Manager API.

When speaking of features I mean both asterisk Builtin Features (pickup, builtin_blindtransfer, builtin_atxfer, builtin_automonitor…) and the new Dynamic Features.

This features can be easily activated through dtmf on the phone, but cannot find a way to activate them via AMI/Manager API.

Originate action is not useful since there is already an active call when the feature should be invoked. Also took a look at “feature Proxy Channel” in chan_features.c but cannot guess what is it intended for (or will be).

Can any well informed guy drop any short explanation on the feature Proxy Channel concept?

Or comment on any reasonable alternative way of activating features via AMI?

Thanks

[quote=“activa”]Hi,

I would like to use some FEATURES through AMI/Manager API.

When speaking of features I mean both asterisk Builtin Features (pickup, builtin_blindtransfer, builtin_atxfer, builtin_automonitor…) and the new Dynamic Features.

This features can be easily activated through dtmf on the phone, but cannot find a way to activate them via AMI/Manager API.

Originate action is not useful since there is already an active call when the feature should be invoked. Also took a look at “feature Proxy Channel” in chan_features.c but cannot guess what is it intended for (or will be).

Can any well informed guy drop any short explanation on the feature Proxy Channel concept?

Or comment on any reasonable alternative way of activating features via AMI?

Thanks[/quote]

Still wondering about the “Feature Channel” intended functionality. Any information?

In the meantime I has explored developing a new module (ie: app_feature.so) where I register some AMI Actions requests and basically would end forwarding them to ast_feature_interpret(…) function in asterisk res_features.c… just to find out that this (as others) functions in res_features.c is static (private to its own C compilation unit); so I end up thinking that obviously that function was not intended to be used/called the way I would like.

Has someone guessed a better way to handle AMI feature invocation requests? I am still thinking it would be GREAT to be able to invoke built-in/dynamic features from AMI. :bulb:

If someone at the developer’s team could point me in a ‘right’ direction I would be able to develop any patch or new module to bring this new functionality!

maybe this is what you are searching for?

asterisk.org/doxygen/1.2/cha … es_8c.html

chan_features.c is what I was talking about. Seems a nice functionality but I have no idea how could I use it from AMI (asterisk management interface).

You see, it would be great to be able to invoke those dynamic or built-in features from other applications throug AMI tcp/ip connection.

This features can be easily activated through dtmf on the phone, but I cannot find a way to activate them via AMI/Manager API.

Originate action is not useful since there is already an active call when the feature should be invoked.

Do anybody know how can I invoke chan_features using AMI? Or comment on any reasonable alternative way of activating features via AMI?

Thanks