Use PBX system to send alarm/reminder for every user to give a reminder call for following COVID-19 SOP’s

Since COVID-19 is spreading again, we want to keep reminding our members to take precautionary measures such as physical distancing, wearing masks, keeping rooms well ventilated, avoiding crowded areas, cleaning hands, coughing into a bent elbow or tissue etc.

For that we would want to use VOIP Phones in the company as an alarm/reminder for everyone. We would ideally want it to ring every 3 hours and share different precautionary messages with our members.

How can we achieve this?
Need guides or any module etc.

I tried the Intercom/Page but there is a disadvantage. it enables auto answer for all the calls all the time and when call comes the phone automatically answer the call and put the phone on speaker.

When I set my IP Phones Cisco 7940 to auto answer, all the calls will go to auto answer whether they are page calls or without page calls.

Currently I have tried the below solution.

I have followed a guide to setup this scenario (Reminder Alert Calls)

Step 1: I have created the Page Group 1009 from Paging and Intercom
Step 2: Add the Extension on which I want to use this Page.
Step 3: Created a dialplan in extensions_custom.conf and playback a file with Reminder alert audio.

[ext-paging-custom]
exten => 10000,1,Answer
exten => 10000,n,Wait(3)
exten => 10000,n,Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom/COVID_19_reminder)
exten => 10000,n,HangUp()

Step 4: Running this script with command:

asterisk -rx ‘channel originate Local/10000@ext-paging extension 1009@ext-paging’

It’s all working fine but now what I want “when it places a call the CALLER ID is missing”
It’s going as Unknown.

How can I send CallerID and Caller Name like covid-19 Alert

Need little guide on this.

Really thankful.

This appears to be a procedure for FreePBX. This forum doesn’t have expertise on FreePBX. Initial requests for peer support for FreePBX should go to https://community.freepbx.org/ and only be redirected here if you can re-pose the question in pure Asterisk terms.

In particular, Page Group has no meaning in Asterisk; it is a construct synthesized, presumably by FreePBX, on top of the primitives provided by Asterisk. Also /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf doesn’t exist and won’t be read, if created, in an out of the box Asterisk; it is only read as the result of a “#include line” that FreePBX places in /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf.

Asterisk will only add Answer-After headers on dialplan paths that include an appropriate add header call, and one would normally only do this before calling the Page application, not before calling Dial.

how can we achieve this in Asterisk. Leave Freepbx aside.

One way would be to call Set(CALLERID()=…), and SIPAddHeader(…) before calling Page(…). It looks like you can do the announcement with the A option for page, so could do almost everything in the Local channel.

If you use AMI to do the Originate, or a call file, you can specify a caller ID there. Most people would use a call file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.