Use DNIS to identify incoming call

This is my first post on these forums so if this is in the wrong place please move it.

I need to set up an Asterix system so that one queue is used to answer calls for 10 different numbers. I would use a queue per incoming number but that causes problems with the way queued calls are handled.

The calls come in as SIP calls, not over analogue or ISDN.

The user wants a set time between calls for the agents. If each incoming number has a separate queue and the agent is a member of these queues the other queues will offer calls to the agent while the agent is supposed to not to receive calls.

One solution to this would be to have one queue for all the incoming numbers, and use DNIS (Dialed Number Identification Service) to indicate to the agent which number the call is for. The identification of the Called Number could be text on the SIP phone used or an announcement played to the agent before the caller is connected to the agent . I have seen this done on an ACD PABX (iSLX, X20 Software, UK version of Nortel Meridian) in the early 1990s, and that is why I thought about using DNIS.

I assume any announcements the caller receives while in the queue would have to be kept generic so they were suitable for all the queues. I’m not sure that Asterix offers DNIS though.

It would be great if the user had dedicated agents for each queue, but each agent is a member of 5 to 6 queues as they answer calls for 5/6 of the incoming numbers.

Any other suggestions as to how to handle the problem would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

Hi

have you got ringinuse = no set and are the members reporting their status correctly. and a wrapup tme set

Ian
cyber-cottage.co.uk