Unknown IE on Qsig-Link

Hi all,

I have a Qsig link over a TE210P card between my asterisk box and a meridian 81c which worked very well.
My problem is that no name is transmitted in both directions.

I always get messages like.
!! Unknown IE 49 (cs5, Unknown Information Element) !! Unknown IE 50 (cs5, Unknown Information Element)

My iax/sip clients contains the callerid like callerid=“name”

My Zapata.conf section is like

;span 2 TE210P Card 0
switchtype=qsig
signalling=pri_cpe
pridialplan=private
prilocaldialplan=private
nfs=megacom
usecallerid=yes
overlapdial=yes
usecallingpres=yes
priindication=outofband
facilityenable = yes
callerid=asreceived
context=MainMenu
group=2
resetinterval = 100000000
channel=>32-46,48-62

any ideas ?

thanks in advance

rgds
marcus

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have an option 11c with a PRI to an asterisk box. Name and number works from asterisk to nortel but not the other way around. I receive unknown, unknown.

Not really, but in the meanwhile my box is out of date. Version. 1.2.12 but it still in production with 25 seats :smile:
unfortunately political minds changed in my company and i’m not really often playing around with asterisk in the moment.
Below to links regarding to this issue.
bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9651

Thanks for the info. I’ll dig into it.

The funny thing is that we get callerid info from the option11c if the call is from the PSTN. If a Nortel extension dials an Asterisk extension we receive unknown/unknown.

My configuration is a bit different than yours though. I’m using a DTI/PRI card in the Nortel, connected to a TE420 in the Asterisk. PRI signalling with a switch type of 5ess (lucent)

ive run into this before… im trying to remember but it is in the nortel config… I believe it has to do with sending the name / number in the setup message versus sending in the IE. im trying to remember where it is. I know its in the LD 17 settings for your D-channel. you might try running NI2 as i have had much better luck … you would set this in the IFC paramater of your D-channel config (on the meridian)

for the gentleman using qsig on his asterisk you have to have the qsig-22 package installed on your Meridian to use qsig… again maybe try NI2 unless you need the qsig functionality between the 2…

-Christopher

If I configure the d-channel to NI2 on the Nortel, should the asterisk side be set as ‘national’ for the switchtype in zapata.conf ?

yes you would set the asterisk side to national, having not personally configged a PRI in asterisk im not sure of the exact settings. but NI2 is also considered National ISDN
-Christopher

I realize this is quite old now but we are using QSIG and getting name and number.