Transfer calls with SPA-941 phones

Well today was the first time I ever needed to transfer a call with my new asterisk setup. I thought, oh this will be a piece of cake… I’ll just hit the “xfer” button on the phone. I do that and it prompts me to dial the extension to transfer to… I do that and it rings at that extension. Then here’s the problem. When I hang up, the extension stops ringing. If I stay on the line all I can do is talk to the person who picked it up, I can’t give them the call.

Am I just stoopid? (Don’t answer that :smile:) Any help would be greatly appreciated… thanks guys and gals!

try pushing transfer again after they pick up? shrug

[quote=“shieldsit”]Well today was the first time I ever needed to transfer a call with my new asterisk setup. I thought, oh this will be a piece of cake… I’ll just hit the “xfer” button on the phone. I do that and it prompts me to dial the extension to transfer to… I do that and it rings at that extension. Then here’s the problem. When I hang up, the extension stops ringing. If I stay on the line all I can do is talk to the person who picked it up, I can’t give them the call.

Am I just stoopid? (Don’t answer that :smile:) Any help would be greatly appreciated… thanks guys and gals![/quote]

just press “xfer” again after dialling the destination number. It even can be done before the other side picks up the phone.