Take the call directed to another user

Hi all, i’ve a question for you! =)
Can i take the call for another user when he isn’t present or if he doesn’t want respond?
For example, i’ve got many GXP2000, with 7 leds, and every leds show the status of each others. (off for free, flash when there’s an incoming call and fix light when is busy).
It’s possible take this call, when i see the led’s flashing?
This feature it’s possible in a classic pbx, of course.
It’s possible replace it into Asterisk?

bye!

Marco Ciacci

it’s call pickup

default it’s *8 but you need to configure all the phones to be part of the same pickup group.

per extension definition in sip.conf add following 2 lines:

pickupgroup=x
callgroup=x

where x is a number between 0 and 63 (only 64 different pickupgroups are supported in asterisk 1.2).

Piece of cake on the Grandstreams…

add:

exten => _**.,1,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}) ; GXP-2000 phone press BLF to pick up ringing call

in your extensions.conf file in an appropriate context. Then, when the LED is flashing, just press the button with the LED and you are connected.

This was taken from the FreePBX dial plan.

Great, it was just that i sought!
Only one doubt, if i use

exten => _**.,1,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}) ; GXP-2000 phone press BLF to pick up ringing call

** is the pickupexten?

if in my features.conf i’ve got pickupexten=*8, the exten will be

exten => _*8.,1,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}) ;

right?
Many thanks!

I didn’t change anything else. I just added that to my configs. Apparently, the GXPs send ** plus the extension programmed for that speeddial when there is a call ringing.

In other words, if extension 100 is ringing, when you press the speeddial, the GXP sends **100 to asterisk.

I sure wish the Cisco SCCP driver did this. We’re going to have a mix of both GXP and Ciscos. I love the functionality of the Cisco’s using SCCP, but I also love that pickup function.

Ahhh ok ok, it’s right! =)
very very cool

So I did like described here.
-> * 1.2.8, mISDN, zaptel
-> using 2x ISDN and sipgate VoIP as external interfaces
-> internal using 2x Grandstream GXP2000 + 1x Grandstream BT101

Isn’t a productive system yet.

External call will be routet to 11 (BT101), 12 and 13 (GXP2000) signalling with flashing red lights the call.
I can call internal with using the buttons at GXP2000 to call the other stations.
I can pickup with *8 (asterisk default) at all stations.
I can’t pickup using **11 or the buttons at all stations, asterisk tells something like:

[quote]
– Executing Pickup(“SIP/12-82a3”, “11”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (default, **11, 1) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/12-82a3’[/quote]

The corresponding entry in extension.conf is

exten => _**.,1,Pickup(${EXTEN:2})

also tried Pickup(SIP/${EXTEN:2})

Seems to be a problem of asterisk, dialing “**11” dosn’t work too.
Dialing “*8” works fine, but isn’t what I need.

Any idea?

Thanks

Dirk