Switch with cases statement in Asterisk extensions.conf

What I want to implement is a switch(${CALLERID(number)}) case 1: case 2: statement like in a programming language. Is there possible to implement like this in an asterisk configuration file?
I mention that I use an Asterisk 11.16 version.

Sure… In AEL. Here’s a snippet from one of my hosts:

// peer IP address
                switch  (${CUT(CHANNEL,/,1)})
                        {
                        case PJSIP:
                                set(PEERIP=${CUT(CHANNEL(pjsip,remote_addr),:,1)});
                                break;
                        case SIP:
                                set(PEERIP=${CHANNEL(peerip)});
                                break;
                        default:
                                set(PEERIP=unknown);
                                break;
                        };

@sedwards
Ok. Thanks for the prompt response. I have another question about how can I obtain the iax subscriber caller id which I will set in iax.conf file as callerid=3251 and for 4251 iax friend subscriber i have callerid=4251, and in extensions.conf I will have the following dialplan:

`exten => 3251, 1, Dial(IAX2/3251,5)

same => n, VoiceMail(333@cont_voice)

same => n, PlayBack(vm-goodbye)
    same => n, HangUp()

exten => 4251, 1, Dial(IAX2/4251,5)
same => n, VoiceMail(444@cont_voice)
same => n, PlayBack(vm-goodbye)
same => n, HangUp()
exten => 410, 1, Answer()
same => n, VoiceMailMain(IF(${CALLERID(num)}==3251)?333@cont_voice:444@cont_voice)
same => n, Hangup()
exten => 123, 1, VMAuthenticate(@cont_voice)
same => 2, SayDigits(${AUTH_MAILBOX})
When I try to authenticate in VoiceMailMain with calling from 3251 number to 410 in zoiper app the VoiceMailMain app not recognize my $(CALLERID).

Note that AEL would handle the switch by generating a context with the possible switch values as extensions. To make good use of it you need to understand what it is doing, and that this is not a general switch, but rather a convenient way of using the extension matching mechanisms.

What have you tried?

Does the ${CALLERID()} function yield any clues?

@sedwards Thanks again for reply. I managed to solve the problem with CALLERID variable. Now I have another question. Will I be able to obtain the context which is declared for an iax subscriber CALLERID. For example I set context for 3251 iax subscriber to be cont_iax and I set the CALLERID number for the 3251 subscriber in Zoiper app as 3251. Now I want to obtain the context in which is this CALLERID declared.

I haven’t used IAX in years as I suspect most members on this forum.

It has some really cool features, but it seems to have fallen out of favor.

The IAXPEER() function may give you what you want.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.