Span 1: Got SETUP with duplicate call ptr. Dropping call

Hi all,

I am using: asterisk-1.6.2.19, dahdi-linux-complete-2.4.1.2_2.4.1, libpri-1.4.12 and asterisk-addons-1.6.2.3

I have an Asterisk gateway connected to a Samsung PBX though a PRI interface. Every now and then I receive the following warning: “Span 1: Got SETUP with duplicate call ptr. Dropping call.” I have never seen this before and I am at a total loss of what this means. Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and effort.

At first sight, Asterisk is saying that the PBX is committing a protocol violation and re-using a number that is supposed to uniquely identify a call.

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply. I am going to ask the PBX support to upgrade their firmware to see if it makes any difference.

The PBX support guys did a firmware update and it didn’t make any difference. In an effort to identify the faulty side, we are going to replace the Digium PRI card with a Sangoma PRI card and change the Asterisk version to 1.8. If this resolves the issue then we can rule out our Asterisk based gateway.

Hi,

Before you do that, please contact our Support Department direct.

digium.com/support

Open a case, make a phone call. These are community forums, not Digium-lead forums.

Hi Malcolm,

Thank you for your reply. I don’t currently think it is a problem related to the Digium PRI card. We are going though a process of elimination. If the problem goes away when using the Sangom PRI card then I will contact Digium for support. At this moment I am putting my money on the PBX PRI interface, but I have to change our setup completely to prove which side has got a problem.

I hope it’s not too late. I do have pretty much the same software versions as you, but with a Sangoma card and I do receive the same messages as you. I think it is not related to the card itself.

MM

This problem have me really confused. I have changed the Asterisk version to 1.8.5 and I have changed the PRI card to a Sangoma card and it has resoved the issue. If you say that you have the same issue with a Sangoma card then maybe you should change your asterisk version to 1.8.5. Unfortunately I am not in a position to change my configuration again (the customer is difficult), but if you can change your asterisk version and it works then we would know for a fact who the culprit is.
Thanx
Corne

[quote=“corne”]This problem have me really confused. I have changed the Asterisk version to 1.8.5 and I have changed the PRI card to a Sangoma card and it has resoved the issue. If you say that you have the same issue with a Sangoma card then maybe you should change your asterisk version to 1.8.5. Unfortunately I am not in a position to change my configuration again (the customer is difficult), but if you can change your asterisk version and it works then we would know for a fact who the culprit is.
Thanx
Corne[/quote]
Hi, Corne.

How is it doing? I did the asterisk upgrade to 1.8.7 and still got the same “WARNING[10183]: sig_pri.c:4953 pri_dchannel: Span 2: Got SETUP with duplicate call ptr. Dropping call.” every once in a while.

What is even more weird is that after some time(unknown by now) running, I got the “[Oct 18 09:27:08] WARNING[10156]: app_dial.c:2198 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type ‘Dahdi’ (cause 34 - Circuit/channel congestion)” and no calls get through in any direction. This box has almost no traffic for now, at most it reaches 3 cuncurrent calls.

Have you seen something like this?

[]'s
MM

Seeing the exact same thing here, there’s an open bug on this issue in the bug tracker as well.

I’m on libpri 1.4.11 and Asterisk 1.6.2.19.

Connection is to Telewest/Virgin Media ISDN-30 in the UK.

issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/PRI-123

The bug is reported against libpri, not Asterisk. You didn’t give the libpri version. Neither of the Asterisk versions you quote are supported any longer.

It was also closed on 06 June 2011 because the original reporter said that upgrading libpri and dahdi fixed it, for them.

I am having this same issue with a Samsung PBX. We are updated to the latest libpri and dadhi but running on old version of asterisk. I have requested the Samsung provider to update to software but not to sure if this will resolve the problem. The only weird thing about this issue is that it will happen ever second day at about 15:00 hours.

Any one have more feedback regarding this issue?

Hi All. I just want to say, that i have the same error.
my environment is:
asterisk 1.4.43
libpri 1.4.12
dahdi 2.6.0

IS SamBody already have solution without migrating to 1.8 version?
PS/… by the way, for set of versions
aster 1.4.40, pri 1.4.11.5, dahdi 2.4.1 such error had never occures…