Something drops Caller ID Flags

Has anyone ever heard of something dropping the Caller ID presentation flags? We have an * 1.2 system, connected to the PSTN and a series of random phones through a Adtran channel bank and Digium T1 card.

Regular numbers work perfectly- station to station, or PSTN to station. However, any out-of-area and private (blocked CLID) numbers come through without any CLID info (i.e. not “P” or “O”) and no flags (i.e. Manager says “CId-Calling pres:0 (Presentation Allowed, Not Screened)”.

Nothing in our dialplan touches CallingPres() for either incoming our outgoing calls.

I’ve tried all the flags I can find from zapata.conf that are relevant:
usecallerid=yes
usecallingpres=yes
cidsignalling=bell
cidstart=ring

Nothing (relevant) shows up in Manager, console, or the log file but “WARNING[24636] chan_zap.c: Ignoring signalling”, which we also seem to get for calls with working CLID information.

Thoughts?

ignoring signalling just means that you defined something twice, and it is ignoring one of them.

If your system is like

PSTN analog lines – adtran channel bank – PRI – *
then the problem could have to do with the POTS interface, perhaps the channel bank is just ignoring it?

check the adtran config…

[quote=“IronHelix”]If your system is like

PSTN analog lines – adtran channel bank – PRI – *
then the problem could have to do with the POTS interface, perhaps the channel bank is just ignoring it?

check the adtran config…[/quote]

The channel bank has 2 FXO and 2 FXS cards (i.e. 8 PSTN lines and 8 stations) with the T1 on the bank linking it to Asterix.

There wasn’t any configuration for the bank that I remember… It is a replacement for a similar Dialogic setup that DID pick up the flags, so I know they are properly supplied by Ma Bell.

The only thing I could think of to eliminate the channel bank is to buy an analog card and see if that changes the equation, but I’d rather not spend the money if there is a SW hack to debug further. (Although Linux is not my primary development platform, I am not afraid of the source, just overwhelmed- the callerid.c code doesn’t look like much could go wrong in it…)