Some odd problems

hello I am having some issues, where the line is dropped after calling into someone elses phone system and they transfer me to an extension on their internal side. I notice that when this happens the call is dropped.

We are using a sangoma A108 directly connected to the PSTN. With linksys SPA942 SIP phones, I would be more than happy to paste any config files need. Thank you!

is this related to DTMF? bump…

do a PRI debug, see if anything odd is coming in…

Sorry I posted the wrong info. Our card at this location is a Sangoma A200 with 2 FXO Remora cards. We have a total of 8 lines connected to the dmark, asterisk is only using 6 the other two are failovers.

We have a A108 at another location, i was confused when I posted couldnt remember the proper model name.

okay so you have an a200 with POTS lines. You call someone. They xfer you, and the call drops.

Are you sure the problem is on your end? Try plugging a simple phone into the line and see if the same problem happens…

i will try this after work, sounds like a pretty simple idea. But even if it is not the PBX, it is still indirectly my fault :wink: Going to give this a shot after office closes for the day.

But sometimes I have the same issue on my cell phone, I call a 800 number and as soon as the transfer me, it drops the call.

i dont see how it is your fault (unless you mean the ususal “THE PHONE HUNG UP ON ME BLAME THE PHONE GUY” routine…)

I think its the remote end. They have a broken PBX which is for whatever reason hanging up instead of transferring. Could also be your local telco doing something wrong…

THE PHONE HUNG UP ON ME BLAME THE PHONE GUY - couldn’t have said it better my self. :smile:

I would suggest do some research and figure out which businesses are doing this. is it the same company/same number? Is it many companies? If so, try asking what phone system they use (is it the same one?) If so you could probably make some decent coin fixing it for them / replacing it with *…