[SOLVED] Unable to register DPMA

Running ./register returns:

Could not get categories from Digium. Please check firewall and DNS settings. You must be able to connect to register.digium.com via TCP port 443. If a web proxy is required, run register --help for proxy usage instructions.

There’s no firewall rules blocking 443 traffic (confirmed via logs). Entering register.digium.com in a browser returns a certificate error. I’m able to ping the IP address it resolves to.

Just tried it from an external server. Worked for me.

I’m showing the certificate isn’t trusted by my server. Is the register script designed to ignore these issues?

Doh…ok, found my issue. Not a certificate problem. Turns out it was a FW issue.

:smile:

Hello,

I have the same issue. The register tool tells me it can not connect, no proxy and no firewall in the setup.
When I open the site in a browser a security warning apears, the certificate of the webserver register.digium.com expired 17th of october 2011 :confused:
Could that be the reason that the register tool is not working?

Thanks.

Andreas

[quote=“amuehlbauer”]Hello,

I have the same issue. The register tool tells me it can not connect, no proxy and no firewall in the setup.
When I open the site in a browser a security warning apears, the certificate of the webserver register.digium.com expired 17th of october 2011 :confused:
Could that be the reason that the register tool is not working?

Thanks.

Andreas[/quote]

Nope, that’s not a problem for the tool.