Solved-download and install cvs head version

Hello, I want to test ooh323. I’m having dificulty installing cvs head, asterisk loads ok but cant seem to be able to load zaptel. The cvs head is still the only way to use ooh323 correct? Thanks.

Can someone please help me and guide me as to how to load the cvs head so I can include zaptel?

Thanks.

Maybe you can try a known good zaptel version with Asterisk CVS head.

Yeah,… I think I open the post but with a similar question. Are you asking the same question? Then get you own post. See the way it works, someone askes a questions and if there is someone in the forum that knows the answer then they will post that after the question but first read the question and then see if you can aswer it completly not have the question because then we all waste our time.

by the way this is solved I got it working. ooh323 and Asterisk is all working.

hi,

how did you resolve your issue? can you provide some guidelines on how were you able to solve your problem? Also, how do you test if ooh323 is working? thank you.

[quote=“ladca2003”]Yeah,… I think I open the post but with a similar question. Are you asking the same question? Then get you own post. See the way it works, someone askes a questions and if there is someone in the forum that knows the answer then they will post that after the question but first read the question and then see if you can aswer it completly not have the question because then we all waste our time.
[/quote]

Some attitude, huh :laughing: Go to a kindergarten if all you want is a complete answer. Whilst you are there, ask how a forum works, too.

BTW, congratulations on solving your problem.

Hey, my apologies dude. I’ve asked a couple of questions in the last couple of days, just trying to do a test of my own and did not get anything then, I get “Maybeâ€

Not a problem. My apology, too, if I overreacted. Troubleshooting in a forum is like hair cut from remote. It necessarily involves theorization and testing, so there is no shortage of “maybe’s” in the process. I thought you pulled heads from both Asterisk and Zaptel, a common practice among active developers and testers. In that case, if your main purpose is to test OOH323 and not Zaptel, using a stable release of Zaptel is an effective method to isolate problems.

So you did install a stable release of Zaptel to solve the problem?

Hey Valley, yes that’s what I did however I was able to make one phone call via ooh323 and thought I was done. That was the only call I was able to make. So I decided to try chan_h323 with 1.4 and loaded the same way and nothing works. One thing I’m not clear about is I’m making the call to the h323 via a sip protcol and I’ve seen several post with the same issue. My main problem is I haven’t grasp the h323 concept yet so, the gatekeeper issue and gateway confuses me even though all I want to do is forward my call to a provider via h323. I made a passthrough to the box so there are no nat’s involved and still can’t get it. I’m debating which way to go between h323 and ooh32, I’ll see what happens today. Thanks again.