[SOLVED] Dial() timeout causes problem on unanswered incoming trunk call

I’m losing the plot here! I’m running 15.3.0 but the problem appears to have been ongoing for several versions prior to this.

My incoming trunk dialplan drops the connection if the phone isn’t answered and the timeout is more than 19 seconds. I wasn’t aware of this (for several years) until clients started to complain that they couldn’t leave me a voice message.

I need to set the timeout to at least 30 seconds to allow me to get to my desk form the other side of the office!! If I set the timeout to 19 seconds everything works as expected. I’ve tried this in both SIP and PJSIP and the results are the same.

My dialplan is

[TrunkIncoming]
exten => s,1,Dial(PJSIP/Office&PJSIP/pdelisle,${SECS_TO_RING})
same => n,GotoIf($["${DIALSTATUS}" = “NOANSWER”]?noanswer:busy)
same => n(noanswer),VoiceMail(6001@default,us)
same => n,Hangup()
same => n(busy),VoiceMail(6001@default,bs)
same => n,Hangup()

and the error log is

Spawn extension (TrunkIncoming, s, 1) exited non-zero on ‘PJSIP/netvoice-endpoint-00000003’

SECS_TO_RING is set to the number of seconds required.

The problem only occurs on incoming trunks. If I make an internal, across network, call, the timeout at 30 seconds or more works as expected.

Help desperately needed!

Thanks

Your provider is imposing their own timeout.

Also note the message you quote did not come from the ERROR log. It is a VERBOSE log message reporting the normal termination of the call, by either side hanging up.

Thanks for this.

I’ve confirmed it by connecting the trunk to my mobile phone directly and it too hangs up at 20 secs.