[solved] Asterisk breaks when connected to CDR (1.8- RHEL 6)

this happens when the database exists and there is a valid connection, but there is no cdr table in the db


I’ve narrowed down the problem to a specific scenario.

Error Trigger: A valid database is entered into the file /etc/asterisk/cdr_mysql.conf.

The error can be seen with “asterisk -cvvvvvvvvvv”

== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/cdr_mysql.conf': == Found [Jan 20 13:42:53] ERROR[7186]: cdr_mysql.c:571 my_load_module: Unable to query table description!! Logging disabled.
This is where asterisk ceases to function completely.

I tried misspelling the database name in cdr_mysql.conf, and then asterisk loads without crashing.

These configs have worked as expected for dozens of fedora systems, and are essentially identical to the “make samples” example files. I just confirmed that the same procedure works as expected in FC13, but the client ordered Red Hat.