Solved: 1.4 - Problem with inbound calls - Asterisk Error

i’ve problems to understand the procedure in Asterisk 1.4

In Asterisk 1.2 there was a register command and a context for incoming calls
In Asterisk 1.4 the SiP Providers are defined in users.conf an the context is also defined in users.conf but registering is done autom. by asterisk - correct?
I am using the asterisk Gui an the users.conf and extensions.conf which is generated through Asterisk-Gui and incoming and outgoing calls are working (no register command in extensions.conf)

but there are some problems

1. outgoing and incoming calls are working but suddenly no incoming calls are signaled. SIP SHOW REGISTRY shows that all SIP providers are registered.

the code which is generated by the gui internal extension 551 and 556 :

[DID_trunk_1]
include default
exten = _X.,1,Goto(default|556|551|1)

[DID_trunk_2]
include default

2.) the from user is transfered in a wrong way
if i register to sip provider sipgate (s@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
I’ve tried to set the fromuser in users.conf bust still the same problem.
I’ve seen in a german sip-forum that other persons have the same problem s@ip-adress.

any ideas ? thanks for your help

mik,

1. please explain the relations between “incoming calls are working” and “no incoming calls are signaled”

2. there is no issue with “s@…”

the following config will do the job:
[incoming]
exten => s,1,Goto(default,11,1)

where 11 is the extension which will take all the calls in this context, even from multiple trunks or providers

You may see another (more advanced) example here forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?p=41192#41192

1. please explain the relations between “incoming calls are working” and "no incoming calls are signaled

if i do a clean setup with the gui - incoming calls are working (are signaled-phone is ringing if somebody does a call)
but
i don’t know why …suddenly no incoming call will ring

2.)
[DID_trunk_1]
include default

is created by the gui and is working after the clean setup

3.) with the gui there is no [incoming] context – each provider will have a context [DID_trunk_x] where x= 1,2,3 (this context is defines in users.conf)

4.) normaly the provider is getting the fromuser information (if i register with xlite, snom or any other phone the provider shows number@ip-adr)
with asterisk 1.4 the provider is getting the informaion s@ip-adr. …it is the Charakter 's’
if you have e.g. 3 accounts with this provierd … you do not get the information if it is account1 or account2 or…

incoming was given as an example only; you don’t have to put different providers into different contexts

[quote=“mik_schreiber”]
4.) normaly the provider is getting the fromuser information (if i register with xlite, snom or any other phone the provider shows number@ip-adr)
with asterisk 1.4 the provider is getting the informaion s@ip-adr. …it is the Charakter ‘s’ if you have e.g. 3 accounts with this provierd … you do not get the information if it is account1 or account2 or…[/quote]

thank you for the explanation :smile: But my system is up & running already.

Just follow the link I provided earlier - you can easilly analyze the To: field (and generally other fields) in the calls coming from your accounts or provider(s).

P.S. forget about the GUI. It’s much better to find a good (e-)book with examples

thank you,
i believe that your system is running but your system does not fit to the configuration with the GUI.

If i write a line with register provider…bla bla
[incoming context]
exten => bla bla
then it will work but does not fit to the gui and will show external entries in the gui.

I am loocking for a solution wjich is eighter the problem of the gui configuration and the wrong fromuser which ist shown at the provider

by the way - if you write forget the gui
let`s compare to cars: forget BMW because Daimler Crysler is much more better. My opinion both are good cars and i like to try both.

Mik,
I’ve started with the GUI as well, but after few hours (or days?) I recognized that GUI is not powerfull enough (yet?). Even if you will create a trunk through the GUI you will have to use vi to make the necessary adjustments in the configuration files.

Good luck to you

more functions are a queston of time - see
sokol-associates.com:8088/as … nksys.html

usr: manager pwd:manager

just now i would accept to make add. functions with vi

ok perhaps somebody who is playing with the gui can help me

thx

i’ve found the problem
the fromuser is not correct an that is the reason why no incoming calls had been working.
Solution: add in users.conf contact=‘useraccountinformation’

THIS schould be added in the GUI

Thank you for this hint!
Now we have complete replacement for the old syntax with ‘register’ string.

At the same time I have to say that this will help only with simple setups, like 1 account - 1 trunk - 1 number - …
In more advanced setups where many numbers are delivered through the same trunk (same registration) it will be better to keep the magic “s@…” registration and parse the To: field.