Softphones Not Connecting To Asterisk

----RESOLVED AS FAR AS THAT THIS IS AN ISSUE RELATING TO MY WINDOWS INSTALL----

Hello, I am having issues with my Softphones (tried two different ones) connecting to Asterisk. I am getting a 503 Transport Error.

I am struggling to copy and paste the SIP Debug info and capture it all using Putty so I hope it is all here:

http://pastebin.com/uajUREif

Other background information

1. I have had ongoing issues with audio transmission and one way audio for some time. Despite having tried many, many things, I have not been able to resolve the issues. Usually, however, I can connect in with my Softphone, just not make any meaningful calls.

2. The set up is as follows - The Asterisk Server is sitting behind a router at home. I am away from home (it makes no difference to call issues) and connecting from outside. My Server at home sits on a network with an external static IP.

I hope someone lovely might save me from banging my head against the wall any more. I routinely don’t get very far in IRC and find myself depressed and shot down by people who are often impatient and don’t have the time for newbies. I get referred to online materials that I find hugely inaccessible and I also start off by searching issues online but get referred to look again online.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Beanie.

Neither 503 nor Transport error appears in the logs.

----RESOLVED AS FAR AS THAT THIS IS AN ISSUE RELATING TO MY WINDOWS INSTALL----

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. The Transport Error/503 was actually the error given by my Softphone. I have tried another Softphone to.

I’m still stuck.

Thanks.