Softphone using AMI

Hi,
Can it be possible to develop softphone using AMI with node.js or PHP ?
What I mean to say that I can originate a call from AMI, but what I know that Originate or Dial is two different event.

Can anyone suggest on this please ?

AMI is not a signaling protocol for developing softphones. They still have to connect over something like SIP to Asterisk.

I got your point. If I am not using AMI, then how Do I connect any Asterisk API from any softphpone? Or more preciously is there is any such Asterisk API exists based on which which I can use to Dial extension?

Please suggest

“Dial extension” can mean different things. AMI is an API that can be used to control aspects of Asterisk.

Ahhh… I understood… AMI should be used to control/Show the events happening in Asterisk
Then how to make a call using Asterisk API by using a telephony application and Answer the call.

Please advice.

This conversation is very familiar. I’ve answered this before but…

You use a signaling protocol, like SIP, to connect a softphone to Asterisk for calling. There is no Asterisk specific “API” for doing such a thing.

AMI can let you originate a call to it, and provide limited control over calls. Anything further is dependent on the softphone.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.