Softphone not getting authorized with asterisk in ubuntu

Hi guys, I am new to Asterisk. I have set up asterisk on my Ubuntu 18.04 system. Now I wanted to test it using a Soft-phone. So I have installed Twinkle soft-phone. I have created a new user in sip.conf. I have made necessary changes in sip.conf and extensions.conf but when I use that same username and secret to register with Twinkle , it shows “asterisk, registration failed: 401 Unauthorized”.

Here is my sip.conf file-

[general]
context=default

[6001]
type=friend
context=from-internal
host=dynamic
secret=safepass
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

Here is my extensions.conf file-

[from-internal]
exten = 100,1,Answer()
same = n,Wait(1)
same = n,Playback(hello-world)
same = n,Hangup()

When registering for Twinkle I have used username as 6001 and password as safepass and then domain is used which I have got through the terminal command “hostname -I”.

Also when I look at the logs of the asterisk in /var/log/asterisk/ , there is no log

Can anyone help me to get my sip phone registered so that I can move forward to a bigger project.

Get the Asterisk logging working.

Actually, an unexpected 401 response means that the phone doesn’t think it has a password to give, so the problem will be with the phone.

I have tried with two phones…Twinkle and zoiper softphone but with both I am unable to do get it registered.

As I started, you need to get Asterisk logging working, as people know how to read those.