SNMP traps notification using Asterisk?

Hello people,
this is my situation:
I’m using opennms to monitor snmp traps over a great lan (400 machines, 10 switches, 5 server). In this moment, when something occures, I get adviced my an email sent from my snmp server (telling me something is wrong).
I have also an asterisk cluster: we use it to grant people in the offices to speaking with eachother. I also created an IVR and stuff…
The question is: is it possible to hook in any way my snmp server with asterisk and cofiguring a SIP notificatiojn to a specific number in case of any fault?
Let me explain more:
Server A has a power supply problem
A specific trap catches that fault and send a command to the asterisk server;
An automatic call in fowarded to my number and I can hear a pre-recorded alert voice “Hey Man, there is something wrong!! Please check up!”.
Does it sound weird and not yet tried…or…does exist anything like this?

Thanks

Xavier

Any hint? :cry:

The trap just has to create a call file and then move it in the Asterisk spool directory, to start a call to a specific Asterisk extension, in this extension Asterisk call you and play the appropriate message.

Regards.

Marco Bruni

[quote=“mbruni”]The trap just has to create a call file and then move it in the Asterisk spool directory, to start a call to a specific Asterisk extension, in this extension Asterisk call you and play the appropriate message.

Regards.

Marco Bruni[/quote]

Ciao MArco,
grazie per la risposta! Potresti essere un po’ più preciso?
Nel senso: so come creare uno spool file e so come copiarlo nella
directory di asterisk per farlo eseguire…Il problema è il modo con cui la mia trap dovrebbe creare questo file da spostare nello spool di asterisk…

Grazie
Grazie mille

I’m sorry but I don’t know how the snmp server works but i think it can execute a shell script when an events occur or not ?

Regards.

Marco Bruni