Smart blf subscriptions on digium phones

I am having a problem getting smart BLF items to do a subscription to auto_hint_*. Everything is correct in the contacts.xml file since if I use blf_contact_group=Default in the phone configuration then all of the contacts are subscribed to and the indicator lights work properly.

But when I switch to a blf_items custom configuration with the same contacts, there is no subscription created in “sip show subscriptions” and none of the indicator lights work. I have tried it with both a custom “indicators” section and with none (which I assume will revert to default behavior).

Any ideas?

Howdy,

First question:
Is DPMA in play?

If it’s not, then there aren’t any auto_hint_* hints getting created, so any subscriptions would be going to invalid destinations.

The Smart BLF “blf items” stuff doesn’t affect whether or not the phone’s subscribing to that other thing. BLF Items affects the key placement, the LED color, the press-behavior and other things. So, in the absence of any keys lighting up, you can press the Contacts softkey to load the contacts application and you can see device presence happening, or not, for your contacts from within the contacts application.

Here’s David Hardy, on DND, idle:
[attachment=1]dhdndidle.png[/attachment]

And here he is, Away, while on the phone:
[attachment=0]dhawayonphone.png[/attachment]
Cheers

I am using DPMA, the auto_hints show up using “core show hints”. And everything works with subscriptions (shown with “sip show subscriptions”) when I use blf_contact_group and completely go away (except for my phone subscribing to myself) when I switch to blf_items

I can’t see your pictures (says I don’t have permission). But all contacts except for myself show up with an “Unavailable” icon and no icons show in the sidebar in the contacts app.

What do all of your config files look like? Your phone config from res_digium_phone.conf (not all of 'em, just the one in question), your contacts XML file, and your blf_items XML file? Also would be interesting to see your network config just to walk down the road of making sure stuff’s placed in the right location.

Cheers

Here they are with some values changed a little. I know the xml files are being picked up since they are in the blf_items order and all the buttons work (in the contacts app) and the primary dial for extension (plus I see them in the apache access log).

res_digium_phone.conf
[user_office]
type=phone
network=network1
firmware=d70_1.4
mac=***********
line=user
timezone=America/New_York
ntp_resync=86400
web_ui_enabled=no
record_own_calls=yes
send_to_vm=yes
d70_logo_file=d70_logo.png
active_locale=en_US
contact=contacts.xml
;blf_contact_group=Default
blf_items=blfs.xml
contacts_max_subscriptions=50
parking_exten=700
parking_transfer_type=blind

[user]
type=line
exten=449
digit_map=4xxT|7xxT|911|011xxx.T|1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxT|[2-9]xxxxxxxxxT|*xx
line_label=449
mailbox=449
transport=udp

contacts.xml

blfs.xml

<smart_blf>
<blf_items>
<blf_item location=“side” index=“0” contact_id=“user”>

</blf_item>
</blf_items>
</smart_blf>

A couple of questions…

Is your SIP peer defined in sip.conf as “user” ?

You’ve got blf_contact_group commented out, you want to uncomment that. It does point to “Default” which is the group_name from your contacts.xml file, so that’s good.

yes – it’s user

blf_contact_group seems to be it! – I thought that it was an either/or since the contact_id should point to a unique contact no matter what the group it was in.

Huzzah! :smiley: