SLA with GXP-2000 phone - Configuration question

I currently have the new SLA feature partly working.

I have the trunks working and showing in the sla show trunks.

asteriskCLI> sla show trunks
asterisk
CLI>

=== Configured SLA Trunks

===============================================

=== ---------------------------------------------------------
=== Trunk Name: line1
=== ==> Device: Zap/2
=== ==> AutoContext: line1
=== ==> RingTimeout: 60 Seconds
=== ==> BargeAllowed: Yes
=== ==> HoldAccess: Open
=== ==> Stations …
=== ==> Station name: station1

I have the stations working and showing in the sla show stations.

asteriskCLI> sla show stations
asterisk
CLI>

=== Configured SLA Stations

=== Station Name: station1
=== ==> Device: SIP/station1
=== ==> AutoContext: sla_stations
=== ==> RingTimeout: (none)
=== ==> RingDelay: (none)
=== ==> HoldAccess: Open
=== ==> Trunks …
=== ==> Trunk Name: line1
=== ==> State: SLA_TRUNK_STATE_RINGING
=== ==> RingTimeout: (none)
=== ==> RingDelay: (none)

asterisk*CLI> sip show subscriptions
Peer User Call ID Extension Last state Type Mailbox
192.168.1.102 102 de9babfd8a7 101@BLF_ZapGrou Idle dialog-info+xml
192.168.1.102 102 ab3754083ca 103@BLF_ZapGrou Idle dialog-info+xml
192.168.1.103 103 00e04458a9c 102@BLF_Group1 Idle dialog-info+xml
3 active SIP subscriptions

My problem is how to setup the BLF_Group setting in the extensions.conf so the phone can subscribe to it. Here is my current BLF settings.

[BLF_ZapGroup1]
exten => station1_line1,hint,SIP/station1_line1
exten => 103,hint,SIP/103
exten => 101,hint,SIP/101

The first line is to track the Zap/2 trunk and the second and third lines were just there to make sure the phone could subscribe to monitor a couple of other stations. The second and third line work without a hitch but I cannot figure out how to get the phone to subscribe to the first line.

I am using a GXP-2000 phone, the station is setup just as it says on Russells Blog on SLA with station1 and line1.

Current running Asterisk 1.4.4

Thanks in advance
Steve

[quote=“sdf”][BLF_ZapGroup1]
exten => station1_line1,hint,SIP/station1_line1
exten => 103,hint,SIP/103
exten => 101,hint,SIP/101
[/quote]

You are so close! The first line of this should be:

exten => station1_line1,hint,SLA:station1_line1

Note the change from “SIP/” to “SLA:”.

Hello Russell,

Thanks for the reply, I actually got it to work with the SIP/station1_line1, but it was not what I was hoping for. It seems to remove to many of the features that make Asterisk a good phone system.

I will go back and try it again with the SLA: instead to see if that was causing some of the features to not work. I will let you know.

Our small company is looking at Asterisk to replace our aging Vodiva KSU system before it breaks down as it has not been made in about 10 years. The KSU allows all the features that your SLA enhancement does but does not remove any of their other features from the KSU. Maybe as the SLA enhancement matures thing will get better.

Thanks again
Steve

Yeah, that feedback is pretty much in line from what I hear from a lot of people. I am already doing some work to figure out good ways to support the features of what I would call “shared extensions”, which it seems is actually what most people are looking for.

Sorry Russell, the SLA does just what it was designed to do, but with the phones not setup to really utilize it, using the feature is kind of hard. I just sent a ticket to Grandstream to see if they would be willing to update their firmware to separate the Line LED’s from the accounts in the configuration. If they would do this, then SLA would work great on the phones that GS manufactures.

Keep up the great work, as I am a software engineer (going on 24 years) I know that making these types of changes is not always easy, and never satisfies everyone.

Steve

hi,

all this looks great, but can any1 tell how do i setup my GXP-2000 phones
what options do i set to work with my SLA setup in asterisk

thanks

Doc

Hi Doc,

Once you have the SLA function configured in Asterisk 1.4.x, just login to your GXP-2000 phone, go to the Basic Setting page, and go to the Multi Purpose Key 1 thru 7. 1 being the top light and 7 the bottom light.

Now in Key Mode select Asterisk BLF, in Account select the account you are registering with the Asterisk Server, in the Name put something you want displayed when you press the button, and in the UserID put station1_line1 from the example above, or whatever you called you station and line setups in SLA.conf

If the SLA function is working in Asterisk, you should now see the light associated with the trunk change when in use or when ringing, also when you press the button beside the light you will be connected directly to the out going trunk.

I had this setup working without any problems in Asterisk 1.4.4, have not tried it in the new 1.4.5

Hope this helps! :laughing:
Steve

thanks Steve for the help, but i’m going crazy here, i PM you asking if you can send me all files that have to do with SLA setup, when i play with SLA.conf, asterisk gets in a RE-starting loop and cant do nothing else but RE-install each time.

thanks again

Pablo

please any1, i really need some config files so i can see what i’m doing wrong

thanks

Doc

sdf, can you please share your sla.conf settings that got your SLA feature working? I as well as others in need of it will very much appreciate it.

Error - Ignore