SIP Register Issues

Hello all,

I have a running OpenBTS with Asterisk using the Ettus N210. Initially, I was able to connect to the network with a phone and send sms to the phone’s IMSI number. This worked without hitch.

Now, I have configured asterisk and am encountering an issue. I have updated my sip.conf and extensions.conf files as needed. OpenBTS runs, and the phone finds the network. However, when trying to connect to the network, I get this alert:

SIPEngine.cpp:393:Register: SIP REGISTER timed out; is server at 127.0.0.1:5064 OK?
MobilityManagement.cpp:182:LocationUpdatingController: SIP Registration timed out. is proxy running at 127.0.0.1:5064

So far, I have not been able to resolve this. I would appreciate any and all ideas about what the cause of this could be, as it is high priority.

Thanks in advance!

Please confirm that you have the appropriate radio telephony licences.

As Asterisk doesn’t use C++, it looks like this is not coming from Asterisk. If it is trying to connect to Asterisk, is Asterisk running on the same machine with the non-standard port number of 5064?

If you cannot provide logging from Asterisk, you will need to take this up with the people who wrote the software that is providing the logging.