Sip *67 *82

Has anyone implemented contexts for these services? I use a grandstream 2000 phone and am connected to broadvoice with it. In asterisk i setup some simple contexts that would dial *67 or *65 + the extension entered, however failing miserably. With this phone it acts like it is analog and somewhat ignores the *67 / *82 strings just like a POTS line would. It goes right back to dialtone as if it stored it but discards the entry instead. Also after debugging sip calls, call screening and privacy fields in the header have caught my eye, has anyone worked with this as well?

what does the dial plan look like in extensions.conf?

i tried a few different things, if i dial *67 my phone will not send the digits at all so i scratched the * in one setup.

exten => _67NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNK1}/*67${EXTEN},30,tr)

i also tried this just for testing purposes…

[test]
exten => 999,1,Dial(SIP/my.provider.com/*679995551111,30,tr)

it was invoking the context just fine, it just doesnt like the asterisks. i was looking through the RFC’s but broadvoice does support blocking/unblocking with *67 and *65 respectivly

are there vertical service codes in the GXP config that are conflicting with these codes ? (i’d look myself, but the trash bin is outside and it’s wet !)

hahah yeah i was looking for that in the config. whatever it is i think its hard coded. these are features that can be disabled in the setup:

Enable Call Features: No Yes (if Yes, Call Forwarding & Call-Waiting-Disable are supported locally)
Send Anonymous: No Yes (caller ID will be blocked if set to Yes)
Anonymous Method: Use From Header Use Privacy Header
Auto Answer: No Yes
Allow Auto Answer by Call-Info: No Yes
Turn off speaker on remote disconnect: No Yes
Check SIP User ID for incoming INVITE: No Yes

anyone else have any thoughts on this?