Simultaneous gtalk outgoing calls

I have been using gtalk for outgoing calls for some time. It works pretty stable. Mainly, with one user at a time. recently, I would like to see what would happen when there are more than one user making calls simultaneously.
My impression was that gtalk can only handle one outgoing call at a time. Thus, I added a second gtalk account to my Asterisk. My intention is that if the first one is busy, the call will use the second gtalk account. The extensions.conf looks like (the jabber and gtalk conf files are simply duplications of the two gtalk account with different labels):

[outbound]
include => talk-numeric-outbound-1
include => talk-numeric-outbound-2
[talk-numeric-outbound-1]
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(dnid)=1${CALLERID(dnid)})
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,n,Goto(1${EXTEN},1)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Gtalk/gtalk_account-1/${EXTEN}@voice.google.com)
exten => _+1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Gtalk/gtalk_accounti-1/${EXTEN}@voice.google.com)

[talk-numeric-outbound-2]
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(dnid)=1${CALLERID(dnid)})
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,n,Goto(1${EXTEN},2)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Gtalk/gtalk_account-2/${EXTEN}@voice.google.com)
exten => _+1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Gtalk/gtalk_accounti-2/${EXTEN}@voice.google.com)

I would like to see how it will handle two outgoing calls at the same time. However, I was never be able to test it out though, because when I make two calls simultaneously, both goes out from the first gtalk account. Now I have two questions:

1. Should one gtalk account be able to handle more than one outgoing calls simultaneously? If it can, how many?
  2. With the extensions.conf given as above, if the first gtalk account is busy, will it automatically goes to the second one? If not, how should I set it?
    Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately I’ve got no idea related to Your first question, as well as I’m also interested in an answer :confused:

Your second question is probably easier to answer:
As both accounts using the same pattern with the same priority I don’t think, that the failover will work. I would suggest the following plan instead:

.......... [outbound] .......... include => talk-numeric-outbound .......... [talk-numeric-outbound] exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(dnid)=1${CALLERID(dnid)}) exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,n,Goto(1${EXTEN},1) exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Gtalk/gtalk_account-1/${EXTEN}@voice.google.com) exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(Gtalk/gtalk_account-2/${EXTEN}@voice.google.com) exten => _+1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Gtalk/gtalk_accounti-1/${EXTEN}@voice.google.com) exten => _+1NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(Gtalk/gtalk_accounti-2/${EXTEN}@voice.google.com)

This should guarantee failover as The second account uses the same pattern with the next instead of the same priority.

Thanks. This is very helpful. I will try what you suggested out once I found a way to test it.
One more question, if I want add another gtalk account, should I just add another line with n+1 following the line with n?

If the third account should also work like a fallback, the answer is Yes.

Thanks again.