Silence during call between extensions

Hi all…
This is my first time with this problem…
No problem at all during ingoing and outgoing calls…but there are often few seconds of silence during the call between extensions…
I have changed the operator panel i used for the first time, thinking it was th e problem but the silence remain…

is there anything i should do to investigate the problem ?
Thanks

Operator panels are third party software and should have no effect at all at this level of call setup.

You’ve used extensions in a way that is used by FreePBX, but not by Asterisk. If you are actually using FreePBX, you may find answers here difficult to follow and/or difficult to implement.

Are the silences just at the beginning of the call? If so, the most likely reason is that you are using ICE to get round NAT and you have problems with your DNS setup. If they are mid-call, that would be very strange, and I think you would need to do some quite detailed debugging, certainly starting with enabling RTP debugging and looking to see whether Asterisk is receiving media and sending it the right place.

In the above, I’ve assumed you are using SIP, but there is not enough information to be certain of that. Your choice of SIP channel driver may also be relevant.

Thank David…as usual…
No…I’m using Asterisk…and chan_sip…(never switch to pjsip…)
Silences are in the middle of the call…
The LAN is based on windows AD domain…just for information…

If mid-call, you are going to have to do low level debugging, as it just isn’t something that people normally report.