Siemens REALITIS / QSIG question

I am having trouble getting Asterisk talking to a SIEMENS REALITIS. I am using a Rhino R1T1 card (configured for E1) and I have a DLI card in the REALITIS that the engineer says is set for QSIG with CRC on in hardware.

When I run zttool I see alarms that alter if I up and down the card in the REALITIS, so I am assuming that the cable we have is ok.

/etc/zaptel.conf

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15
dchan=16
bchan=17-31
loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

I have a Trunk Main Group set up in the REALITIS as type QSIG

The signalling however can be set to one of:

2 - QSIG,
8 - T_PRA EUROISDN (customer side)
12 - S_PRA EUROISDN (network side)

…so as I can have QSIG trunks with EUROISDN signalling, should I be using switchtype=qsig or switchtype=euroisdn in zapata.conf?

Or… do I set the REALITIS to QSIG signalling (of which there is only one kind), in which case what signalling do I use for asterisk? pri_net or pri_cpe?

When I run asterisk I get as the output to pri show span 1:

Switchtype: Q.SIG switch
Type: CPE

this never goes to ‘Up, Active’ which I believe means the data channel is not up.

In the REALITIS I get error 13 which means the Delta channel (d-channel) has problems.

If I sit and watch the Asterisk ‘full’ log, every few minutes I get a red alarm that clears almost immediately.

Hi

First things first. Make up a loopback plug and plug it in to the carsd and see if the alarms clear.

then confirm that bothends are set to qsig and also confirm which are tx and rx and make sure your cable is correct.

I would set the * to pri_net and the switch type to qsig. But TBH it may be better to use a ISDN tester to check whats what.

Ian

You mean at the REALITIS end…? The Asterisk end the alarms I see happen briefly - if I watch zttool, then most of the time it says ‘No alarms’, however the REALITIS always shows a red alarm which makes me suspect the cable, but if I down the card in software at the REALITIS then I see a constant red alarm at the * end rather than a brief one.

Well asterisk is set to switchtype=qsig and in the REALITIS there are only two places where one sets something to QSIG and that is in the trunk main group itself (the trunks in the group become whatever the main group is - i.e. if it’s QSIG main group, then any trunks placed in here will be QSIG but I have to say if they are ‘A’ or ‘B’ end).

I have tried setting * to euroisdn also, but I get the same results. I also tried a different trunk main group in the REALITIS and setting this to Q931 but no difference (apart from having to use an ‘EXCH’ trunk access rather than ‘IPBX’ which I think basically means no fancy features on the trunk)

The other place is the signalling (the Siemens ‘RQ9i’ command is used to set this) which I can set to QSIG or T_PRA or S_PRA but am confused as to how I’m supposed to tell * or the REALITIS which end it is if I use QSIG. I am wondering if it’s anything to do with the ‘A’ or ‘B’ part of the trunks, but pri_net or pri_cpe both do not appear to do anything.

I don’t have an ISDN tester unfortunately :frowning:

I will double check the cable wiring and see if it looks right against the documentation I have.

Hi

OK

Put the loop in the Asterisk end.

A and B will in a way correspond to net and CPE odds on A is Net and B is CPE

So set the ISDX as a A and the * as CPE

Then see what you get, also try turning on the PRI debugging and see what you get, also what alarms are you getting in the logs

Ian

[quote=“ianplain”]Hi
Put the loop in the Asterisk end.

A and B will in a way correspond to net and CPE odds on A is Net and B is CPE

So set the ISDX as a A and the * as CPE

Then see what you get, also try turning on the PRI debugging and see what you get, also what alarms are you getting in the logs

Ian[/quote]

I looped the * box and zttool shows as ‘ok’.

I looped the REALITIS, and it still errors. I had a chat with the engineer who said I should not see the errors I see if it’s not connected to anything, regardless of a loop cable - he’s going to come out tomorrow - could be a faulty DLI card.

Well the engineer came out, and it turned out that a DIP switch on the DLI card in the REALITIS was in the wrong position. The switch tells the card which shelf it’s on, and we have two shelves. The card was told it was on the wrong shelf.

As soon as it was altered and re-inserted, my * box showed Provisioned, Up, Active

Was some problems making calls, but have set the REALITIS to QSIG signalling (with the RQ9i command for the card to variant ‘2’) and everything seems to be working.