Side Comments about Asterisk

I’ve been programming Asterisk AGIs and Contexts for about 8 weeks straight every day, all day, all night to about 5am.

I’m at the point now where I don’t know if the errors are my errors are asterisk bugs =( And less and less people are able to help. lol, its starting to suck =(

I hope it all works out. I’m wondering if I should of went with commercial PBX software just like asterisk instead…

Just venting, and side comments =)

Nope, stay with asterisk.
ALl these commercial PBX are not even REMOTLY giving you the abilities to accomplish what you can do with asterisk.

I mean, you can even use asterisk to start your frigging toaster at 06:57 in the morning time (no kidding, you can really do that…if you want…)

I registered new here and hope im able to contribute a bit.
Feel free to ask all you need to know.

I am the admin of a company handling 2000 calls per day via asterisk.
I squeezed much out of the asterisk-box and touched almost everything so far, so im pretty skilled in “special solutions” and “dialplantricks”.

Go ahead buddy…

[quote=“RichardHH”]Nope, stay with asterisk.
ALl these commercial PBX are not even REMOTLY giving you the abilities to accomplish what you can do with asterisk.

I mean, you can even use asterisk to start your frigging toaster at 06:57 in the morning time (no kidding, you can really do that…if you want…)

I registered new here and hope im able to contribute a bit.
Feel free to ask all you need to know.

I am the admin of a company handling 2000 calls per day via asterisk.
I squeezed much out of the asterisk-box and touched almost everything so far, so im pretty skilled in “special solutions” and “dialplantricks”.

Go ahead buddy…[/quote]

It’s good to hear you are at least experienced user :slight_smile:

I’m looking for workaround to Asterisk bug, may be you can help me…
forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?t=5562

Thanx!

Not sure if i got you right, but check the answer.

Hey Richard,

Thanks for the invitation, I actually have a very good question. When I dial out using the .call files in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing I set callerid to:

Callerid: “E-Bridge”<8001234567>

And also in the global variables OUT_CID2 is set to the same thing, I’m using the Asterisk @ Home.

However, whenever it makes a call it always says: No CallerID on my cell phone, or Unavailable on my gf’s cell phone.

Could you tell me how I can fix this please?

I’m using VoIP not any Telco phone lines.

Thanks a lot! I hope you can fix this for me.

Against my answer i gave you earlier, answering your mail, try to add this line to your callfile, just an idea:

SetVar: CALLERIDNUM=YOURNUMBER

If this isnt working, try SET instead of SETVAR

you might also try setting callerID in the call file to a string with no quotes - on our system, using eyebeam for the softphone, setting the callerID to just a simple string with no spaces or quotes works great…displays on our agent’s phones every time.