Setting File to play with one touch record

Hi there

I have One Touch record (Touch Monitor) set on by features.conf and I wanted to play a file each time the recording is started and stopped. As far as I know there are 2 application variables for Monitor that I should set of {TOUCH_MONITOR_MESSAGE_START} and {TOUCH_MONITOR_MESSAGE_STOP} however even if I set these no file plays when the recording starts or stopps, and it does not appear to even try to play the file. I am also setting ${TOUCH_MONITOR} for the filename base which works fine. I am using asterisk 14.6.1

exten => 100,1,Set(TOUCH_MONITOR=test)
exten => 100,2,Set(TOUCH_MONITOR_MESSAGE_START=/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/beep.gsm}
exten => 100,3,Set(TOUCH_MONITOR_MESSAGE_STOP=/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/beeperr.gsm}
exten => 100,4,Dial(PJSIP/100@internal,30,rtTwW)

So the recording file goes correctly into the /var/spool/asterisk/monitor directory and has my test.wav filename base in it (be nice to control the whole filename and directory, but we can’t have everything!) but the recording files set above just never play and are not even attempted to play in the debug output.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

David

Try it as

exten => 100,1,Set(TOUCH_MONITOR=test)
exten => 100,2,Set(TOUCH_MONITOR_MESSAGE_START=beep)
exten => 100,3,Set(TOUCH_MONITOR_MESSAGE_STOP=beeperr)

Hi John

Thanks for the reply, I have changed that and it’s still the same nothing happens!

Here’s the output:

Executing [100@internal] Set(“PJSIP/100@internal-00000013”, “TOUCH_MONITOR_PREFIX=Rec”)
Executing [100@internal] Set(“PJSIP/100@internal-00000013”, “TOUCH_MONITOR_MESSAGE_START=beep”)
Executing [100@internal] Set(“PJSIP/100@internal-00000013”, “TOUCH_MONITOR_MESSAGE_STOP=beeperr”)

Nothing happens, when I press the feature key which is *3 in my case, then you just get the following:

AutoMonitor used to record call. Filename: Rec-1555066350-test

So if it’s attempting to play the file I’d expect to see in the debug. I am guessing that it just simply does not work when used as a feature, but ideally would like confirmation, in case I am missing something!

I can get a beep by adding

courtosytone=beep

into /etc/asterisk/features.conf which then works and I get:

Playing ‘beep.gsm’ (language ‘en’)

Which is sort of ok, and I could live with it, but ideally I wanted both sides of the call to know if recording was on or off, in this case it’s always the same beep so they don’t know the status.

Otherwise I guess I need to use AMI events to get the status…

Cheers

David

Why did you add this to the end of the function instead of )

Hi ambiorixg12

That, I believe is known as a typo!

Yes but make sure on your Asterisk dial plan that typo is present when setting the variables, because that will cause issues

It’s not present as I said it was a typo, in the dialplan it’s fine, so that’s not the issue. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.