sayDigits in Nepali language

Hello everyone,
I want SayDigits in asterisk dial plan in Nepali language. I tried given syntax.
exten = s,5,Set(CHANNEL(language)=ne)
Later I came to know that, to use ‘ne’ in given syntax, there should be nepali language or ne installed as sound language in freepbx. So my problem is how can i install nepali language as sound language. Appreciate any suggestions .

Record all the standard phrases in Nepali and place them in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/ne or hire a voice artist to record them. Define the syntax rules for composing things like numbers in say.conf.

In other words, I doubt that anyone has yet donated Nepali language files for Asterisk.

Note that FreePBX is not supported here, but I doubt that they have any more languages.

1 Like

First verify the Nepali sound files exist, and if so dowload it to the Asterisk sound path also create the corespoding lang folder

this link will help https://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+SetLanguage

1 Like

Thanks @ambiorixg12
Nepali sound files doesn’t exist so I recorded the nepali digits myself and placed it in var/lib/asterisk/sounds/ne/digits. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thank you @david551
I couldn’t find the say.conf file in my asterisk. I recorded the digits and placed it in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/ne/digits. And it worked. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

It will probably work for simply reading out a list of digits, but you need to provide syntax rules if you want them read out as a number.

1 Like