[Resolved] Unusual Problem [Resolved]

Hi All,

I am getting this unusual problem and hoping if someone else has experienced this and found a resolution to it.

When i do a reload in the CLI i get these message come up;

Feb 8 15:30:03 WARNING[2156]: chan_zap.c:10873 setup_zap: Ignoring resetinterval
Feb 8 15:30:03 WARNING[2156]: chan_zap.c:10873 setup_zap: Ignoring switchtype
Feb 8 15:30:03 WARNING[2156]: chan_zap.c:10873 setup_zap: Ignoring signalling

All of these are quite important thing, and i would like to know why it is Ignoring them.

We are currently diagnosing a problem with the Spans, after so many calls channels begin to drop out of the pool I.E if we use G-1 or R-1 we loose channel 124 then 123 etc etc etc and the only way to get them back is to do a Restart Now command.

I also notice when we do the reload command the and it configures the channel, it stops right here;

Reconfigured channel 119, PRI Signalling signalling

But yet we have 124 Channels available (Minus the Signalling Channels), I really am stumped as to why this is happening.

For starters when using G-1 It is supposed to start at Channel 124 and work its way down, allways restarting there if the channel is free, this stopped working and whilst the channel is showing as up or on-hook we could not send any calls to the channel.

We then changed to R-1 to the Round Robin system, however this is doing the same thing as G-1, it just starts at 124 and works downwards until it reaches Channel 1 on span 1 and then tries to start at 124 again, although the channel is free I.E it is on-hook it skips it and then goes to the next one Asterisk can speak with.

I Honestly don’t know what is going on, the CONF files have been changed to setups we know work as we have more then one system with E-1 cards installed, but this system is not behaving itself :angry:

Any Advice, Hints or information on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

David.

as i recall not everything is always refreshed when you reload, which could be the reason for those messages. try killing * and do asterisk -vvvc and see if you get them there.

also if you define the same param twice you might be getting that…

Gotcha…

Thanks Iron your always full of good advice, i will play around a little more and see what i can come up with.

Cheers,

David.

Feb 8 15:30:03 WARNING[2156]: chan_zap.c:10873 setup_zap: Ignoring resetinterval
Feb 8 15:30:03 WARNING[2156]: chan_zap.c:10873 setup_zap: Ignoring switchtype
Feb 8 15:30:03 WARNING[2156]: chan_zap.c:10873 setup_zap: Ignoring signalling

Those are being ignored on a reload because if you change them and reload it won’t take affect. So this is just letting you know they are ignored on a reload as a restart is neccesary if making changes to those options.

LOL…

Thanks for the Angler, i worked it out after i read Irons message, i started poking around a little further, oh well time to keep powering on and looking at the core problem.

Any thoughts on the rest of the post with the other problem we are having?

Cheers,

David.

I have had a problem where g or G somehow stopped working, so I switced to r or R. Same problem as you described. It went away after a while.

o well…

[quote=“yusuf”]I have had a problem where g or G somehow stopped working, so I switced to r or R. Same problem as you described. It went away after a while.

o well…[/quote]

Thank you Yusuf,

Man the problem is getting worse for me though, i am watching the events via Telnet and i have narrowed down the problem. After a certain amount of calls go through on one channel, Asterisk is placing it in a Reserved state, this is rendering the channel unusable :cry:

I need to find a solution to this problem, it is killing me, spending hours upon hours working on this one stupid problem and still cant resolve it, mean whilst i have to keep restarting asterisk every couple of hours at the moment just to get those channels back and have full use of the 120 channels :cry:

Any suggestions what so ever on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Also i am using a Sangoma card at the moment, the Digium card stopped working on us it couldn’t handle the load, where as the Sangoma one can but now i have this idiotic problem.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

David.

Arggggggggggggggggggg :imp:

Is it just me ???

Because Asterisk is so powerful in what it can do, its complexity is that of much more difficultness over the traditional Switches in the market place.

This one problem is turning me into a caffeine freak
:unamused:

Oh the joys :open_mouth:

Cheers,

David.

At last Problem solved :smiley: HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

Turns out the problem was with the version of Asterisk we were using V1.2.11 so i bit the bullet and upgraded to version 1.2.14 and problem solved, turns out it also put the bullet through of the other bugs we were having as well, so it was a good upgrade.

Thank you for those of you who helped out, your efforts were much appreciated.

Cheers,

David.