[RESOLVED] Is this Possible? [RESOLVED]

I have a Digium TE410P in one of the servers and i want to do testing on it without having to plug in any E-1’s too it.

Basically my idea is as follows:

Plug cable into Port 1 which then plugs into Port 3
Plug cable into Port 2 which then plugs into Port 4

I want to test out all the scripts and configurations before we upgrade everything to the live system, i am just not sure of it is possible to single out the ports in such a way on the Digium or if it can be done how it is possible.

If anyone has any ideas on this, your input would be greatly appreciated :wink:

Cheers,

David.

yes, use a cross-over cable and you can have Asterisk “talk” from one span to another. google for the pinout, or it’s been asked on this forum before and the pinout was given. it’s also on the wiki IIRC.

Thank you Baconbuttie… :smiley:

Is there anything in particular i should do on the .conf side of things, or that is something that needs to be played around with? Kind of like a trial by error?

Once again thank you.

Cheers,

David.

For one span it will be the network side using 0 for the timing field in zaptel.conf and signalling=pri_net in zapata. Then for the other port that this cable is connected to it would be 1 in zaptel.conf for timing and signalling=pri_cpe in zapata.conf

Hello Angler,

Thank you for your response.

Is there a way to isolate the ports? i am not too sure how you would go about isolating the ports so one can be made Network side and one can be made CPE side, can you post a possible configuration on this, if you have the time that is.

Right now this is what i have setup in my Zapata.Conf file:

;Digium TE410P (Loop back Connection-1)
switchtype=euroisdn
context=default
signalling=pri_net

;Port 1
channel => 1-15,17-31

For this example Port 3 is called Port 1, it makes it easier to understand it on our end.

This is what is in my Zaptel.Conf File:

#Digium TE410P port 1
span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4,yellow
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16

Port 1 is Port 1 here.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

David.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Port 1 on card ;
zaptel.conf:
span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4,yellow
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16

zapata.conf:
switchtype=euroisdn
context=default
signalling=pri_net
channel => 1-15,17-31

; Port 2 on card ;
zaptel.conf:
span=2,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4,yellow
bchan=32-46,48-62
dchan=47

zapata.conf:
switchtype=euroisdn
context=default
signalling=pri_cpe
channel => 32-46,48-62

You friend are a champion, i knew i was missing a couple of things :smiley:

Thank you very much for your assistance, just so you know it is appreciated.

Cheers,

David.

You’re welcome.

Angler…

Do you know of any scripts out there that can simulate calls? Or should that be something to do from scratch?

I would like to put the system under load and check configurations and what not, so i figured this is the best way to do it without having to order and E-1 as they are damn expensive.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

David.

Just make a bash script that creates call files and MOVES them to the spool directory. I don’t have anything already written but could be done fairly quickly.

Hi Angler,

Thanks for your instructions, i configured Zapata and Zaptel as per your guidance, and i now receive the following:

Description Alarms IRQ bpviol CRC4
T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1 RED 0 0 0
T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2 RED 0 0 0
T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 3 UNCONFIGUR 0 0 0
T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4 UNCONFIGUR 0 0 0
ZTDUMMY/1 1 UNCONFIGUR 0 0 0

Have you got any suggestions on this?

Cheers,

David.

Bump :smiley:

To save starting a new thread i figured it is best i put it in here.

When you do “RESTART NOW” on the console, does asterisk retain the CDR records for the calls that were dropped?

We are doing a customer CDR setup that is supposed to do it, however i just want to see what peoples thoughts are on this, i am making sure it is the case, however it is very hard to fully qualify that this is happening though.

Any thoughts on this would be good.

Cheers,

David.

What type of cable are you using between the 2 spans? It should be a T1 cross-over cable. BTW you may want to remove ztdummy.

You can also use originate in the AMI, I have a php script that makes calls using this method.

I am using T-1/E-1 Cross over cables, i had them properly made up.

Also i have no idea how to remove ZTDUMMY from the system either, if you have a suggestion on that, it would be great.

Cheers,

David.

rmmod ztdummy

To just verify everything, you could make a loopback connecter and check each port to see if it goes green. If it does then something isn’t right with the cable. Also do the following:

cat /proc/interrupts

Run this command twice and look at the numbers next to the wct4xxp line. The second time you run the command the numbers should have incremented.

Thank you for that, greatly appreciated friend.

Actually i made sure they were properly tested before i exited the shop where i had them made, i even watched them check the cables on the machine to ensure that the pin out was as per the diagram i gave them (One sourced from the Internet).

Did exactly as you said it would, thank you for this, handy to know this commands as well. As you can tell i am still learning somethings about Linux, very power OS it is indeed.

Again Angler, i can not thank you enough, whilst the problem may not be resolved, your input and advise is 100% appreciated.

the fun part is too keep playing with it, i actually learn much more when doing trial by error, and you also tend to remember it easier due to how much effort you actually had to put in to learn it :smiley:

Cheers,

David.

[RESOLVED]

Just so everyone knows and this thread can now be closed off, i have managed to resolve the problem.

I went through a whole process of removing any traces of Asterisk, Zaptel and also Libpri on the system, i made sure it was clean as a whistle from any previous 1.2X and 1.4.X versions.

I then downloaded the latest 1.2.16 verison and all teh associated files as well, and i have to say this has got to be the best version that has been released so far in terms of ease of use, and installation process, revision 16 blew my socks of on how smooth it was to work with.

I now have a fully functioning test system with 60 channels using PRI T-1/E-1 Crossover cables, now time to putt this system under heavy bombardment.

So thank you all who helped me, and especially you Angler you had the silver bullet friend. I hope one day i can repay the favour.

Cheers,

David.

You’re welcome!

John
Digium Support