Rejected because extension not found

I have a Cisco CallManager using SIP to trunk to my Asterisk box.

I would like the Asterisk box purely for meetme voice conferences so I setup a meetme on extension 6816.

I keep getting a log error [Jun 4 01:01:56] NOTICE[2756] chan_sip.c: Call from ‘callman02’ to extension ‘6816’ rejected because extension not found."

SIP.CONF
[callman02]
type=peer
context=incoming
host=192.168.1.20
ipaddr=192.168.1.20
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
nat=no
canreinvite=yes
qualify=yes
usereqphone=yes
insecure=very

EXTENSIONS.CONF
[default]
exten=6050,1,VoiceMailMain
exten=7000,1,Goto(voicemenu-custom-1|s|1)
exten=6816,1,MeetMe(${EXTEN}|MI)

Any ideas? Thanks

Hi

Before posting it may be better to A search the forum and B look at the problem.

You have an peer that has a context of Incoming and you are trying to call an extension in the default context.

The problem is there for all to see, How is the Peer meant to make the call to the extension without being in the context, No you could include it or even a Goto but I cant actually see from what you have posted a context called incoming at all… Is there one ?

There are enough clues here to work out what you have not done. and what to do to fix it.

Ian

I’ve actually worked on this all morning and have searched for hours, so please no slamming.

I do appreciate your response, I did indeed fix my problem. For people doing their first install, the contexts aren’t exactly black and white.

Thanks for your help in fixing this problem!

I don’t think he was slamming you. Sometimes its best to grasp the basics of Asterisk prior to attempting to do something and then asking about it.