Regarding Predictive dialing

Hi,

We have developed PCI based GSM board which contains 4 GSM modems.

This works fine with normal progressive dialing.
In predictive dialing the asterisk is not stopping its voice transmission. How to stop asterisk voice transmission, after customer hangup?

Please reply me as soon as possible.

Thanks and regards,
Shiva

Do you have disconnect supervision for called party disconnects on your PSTN network?

The standard situation in the UK is that a called party cannot clear the call (except by devious methods involving using recall) and this is done to allow the called party to hangup one extension and pick up on a more appropriate one. This might not be the case for calls to switchboards and is not the case for calls to mobile phones.

Hi,

we are using vicidial for predictive dialing. The call from vicidial connects to Meetme conference of Asterisk and then to our GSM card. From GSM card it connects to network.

Now if we disconnect the call in customer side i.e., called party side, the call is not disconnecting in other side and voice is transmitting continuously. I am not getting that how to stop Meetme conference from trnsmitting voice.

thanks and regards,
Shiva

You have essentially repeated the question without answering the point about called party clearing.

What you want to do is not possible for calls to landline numbers in the UK and may well not be possible for them in your coutry, unless you have access to the SS7 Clear (and [Re-]Answer) events. A normal telephone line only has access to Disconnect ones. Typically, when calling a landline in the UK, the network will not force a disconnect until the called party has been on hook for 3 to 5 minutes.

One good test is to try calling mobile numbers. If they disconnect promptly, your problem is almost certainly a called party clearing issue.

Once you have eliminated a called party clearing issue, have a look at https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16005.

Hi,

My problem is as follows:

If we hungup the call at customer end Asterisk is showing the channel as busy and it doesnt disconnect the call.

It is coming when we are using mobile also.

thanks and regards,

Shiva

In that you haven’t proved that you don’t have a calling party clear issue with the PSTN, but you may also have the problem in the Asterisk issue.

What is the result of applying the patch for that issue, both for landline and mobile destinations.

You haven’t said how the GSM card interfaces to Asterisk. Unless this passes disconnect supervision to Asterisk the call obviously won’t clear.

Hi,

Our GSM card is PCI based card, we have written channel driver for the asterisk.
I am passing ‘hangupcause’ to the asterisk and also I am doing ast_queue_hangup() after called party hangup.

This is working with normal calls, like if we called from SIP soft phone to any mobile or landline through GSM card.
That time if I disconnected called party(mobile or landline), asterisk is detecting ‘hangupcause’ and also ast_queue_hangup().

It is not working when I am calling from ‘vicidial’ through ‘Meetme’ conference. The channel is still showing as busy after disconnected from calledparty(mobile or landline) .

thanks and regards,

Shiva

i have done many similar applications and have much “blood on the floor” on this whole topic of hangup recognition/control when meetme is involved.

i think you will find this is common: meetme will hold channel open as long as the conference is alive and there is any participant [which usually in an unattended dialer situation the dialer has an open channel so it keeps everything alive]. the channel gets held till the conference ends [i have have similar experiences with attended transfers from queues which use a conference mechanism and the transfering agent can find that they get no more calls till the transferee hangs up].

without knowing a lot more about how your application is set up, it is hard to know what to recommend but if there is any way you can set up vicidial to not use meetme as the bridging mechanism, you will have much better chance of success.

hi,

I dont know how to use vicidial without Meetme for predictive dialing mechanism. Please tell me.

Thanks and regards,

Shiva