Recommend an ATA for this Setup

So I was finally able to talk my wife into dropping Verizon for our voice after showing her the savings. Her only condition being that we keep her cordless phones. They are 5.8GHz VTech phones with the single basestation that requires to be connected to my Asterisk system. Anyone have any experience with these? Can you recommend me an ATA that will work with these?

Thanks in Advance!

Anything? Recommend me one you THINK would work. I’ll give it a shot.

First, if your device is locked by Verizon, then you MUST first unlock it so that you can configure it to your asterisk.

As with ATA devices, any non-locked to any specific VoSPs SIP compliant ATA devices should work with your asterisk.

First, if your device is locked by Verizon, then you MUST first unlock it so that you can configure it to your asterisk.

As with ATA devices, any non-locked to any specific VoSPs SIP compliant ATA devices should work with your asterisk.[/quote]

I will just be porting my number off Verizon then terminating service. They do not provide me me any hardware.

Thanks for the response!

I like the the Sipura ATA’s.

We use the Sipura 2102 and it works great. We also use them for faxing and they work like a champ.

The 5.8GHz VTech phone is just a POTS phone with a bluetooth capable handset. Any ATA that plays well with Asterisk will work. Personally I prefer the TDM400P or the new TDM410. Each can handle up to 4 ports (any mix of FXS ot FXO). The TDM400P will be cheaper since the TDM410 recently replaced it but the FSX and FXO modules are interchangable between the two.

Regards.

Ike

The 5.8GHz VTech phone is just a POTS phone with a bluetooth capable handset. Any ATA that plays well with Asterisk will work. Personally I prefer the TDM400P or the new TDM410. Each can handle up to 4 ports (any mix of FXS or FXO). The TDM400P will be cheaper since the TDM410 recently replaced it but the FSX and FXO modules are interchangable between the two. The TDM410 does not require a 12 volt power supply (standard hard drive power cable) with FXO modules, only the FXS modules.

Regards.

Ike