Receiving calls into sip uril from other telephony systems

Hi,

Is it possible to asterisk receive calls from other telephony systems like Cisco, Avaya if Asterisk provides a sip uri. The Cisco and Avaya will add the call to the SIP uri provided by asterisk so that they can add as a third party listener .

Could some one tell me is it possible and if yes, how its possible, I mean the settings?

Yes it is possible for your Asterisk installation to receive calls from other telephony systems.

I would recommend starting by reading the WIKI and how to configure res_pjsip.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Configuring+res_pjsip

The sample configurations that come with Asterisk also contains examples for how to configure pjsip.

1 Like

As far as Asterisk recognizes source IP as a valid SIP peer and you have context to handle those calls I dont see any major issue

1 Like

Thanks @johnkiniston and @ambiorixg12 for your response. If I am starting with Asterisk to Asterisk calls, do we have any examples available? For example, I have two asterisk servers (S1 and S2), and a call is happening in S1 between CS1 and CS2. Can I transfer the call into S2 ?

You can use the Dial application to keep both Asterisk daemons in the connection, or the Transfer application to request the the other daemon to completely take over the call.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.