"received an unknown call with did set to **********"

Hey I am having trouble with one phone system trying to call another phone system. I get the message that the phone number is out of service. In asterisk I am getting the following error.

– Executing [6084939470@from-pstn:1] Set(“SIP/merrMain-00001032”, “__FROM_DID=6084939470”) in new stack
– Executing [6084939470@from-pstn:2] NoOp(“SIP/merrMain-00001032”, “Received an unknown call with DID set to 6084939470”) in new stack
– Executing [6084939470@from-pstn:3] Goto(“SIP/merrMain-00001032”, “s,a2”) in new stack

That’s not an error. That’s just FreePBX walking through its dialplan macros.

I’m sorry, I didn’t describe my situation enough. I am trying to dial from one IVR to another. I am getting that the number is not in service. The following line of code is the incoming IVR. It is not recognizing the call. I have tried to call this number from different locations (2 different cell phones, and second office line) with success. The number it is displaying (6084939470) is a DID inside of the trunk. I am not sure why it is not displaying the trunk number like it does on other calls. I believe that this is the root of my problem, but i may be wrong.

-- Executing [6084939470@from-pstn:1] Set("SIP/merrMain-000012c5", "__FROM_D                                                                                                                     ID=6084939470") in new stack
-- Executing [6084939470@from-pstn:2] NoOp("SIP/merrMain-000012c5", "Receive                                                                                                                     d an unknown call with DID set to 6084939470") in new stack
-- Executing [6084939470@from-pstn:3] Goto("SIP/merrMain-000012c5", "s,a2")                                                                                                                      in new stack
-- Goto (from-pstn,s,2)
-- Executing [s@from-pstn:2] Answer("SIP/merrMain-000012c5", "") in new stac                                                                                                                     k
-- Executing [s@from-pstn:3] Wait("SIP/merrMain-000012c5", "2") in new stack
-- Executing [s@from-pstn:4] Playback("SIP/merrMain-000012c5", "ss-noservice                                                                                                                     ") in new stack
-- <SIP/merrMain-000012c5> Playing 'ss-noservice.ulaw' (language 'en')

== Spawn extension (from-pstn, s, 4) exited non-zero on 'SIP/merrMain-000012c5 '
– Executing [h@from-pstn:1] Macro(“SIP/merrMain-000012c5”, “hangupcall,”) i n new stack
– Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:1] GotoIf(“SIP/merrMain-000012c5”, “1?theen d”) in new stack
– Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,3)
– Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:3] Hangup(“SIP/merrMain-000012c5”, “”) in n ew stack
== Spawn extension (macro-hangupcall, s, 3) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/merrMain-0 00012c5’ in macro ‘hangupcall’
== Spawn extension (from-pstn, h, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/merrMain-000012c5

This is something you configured via FreePBX and you’re getting that output on the CLI. The output there doesn’t tell us why. Your best bet is asking the FreePBX team why what you’re trying to do via the FreePBX web interface isn’t working.

The reason this DID isn’t working is because it isn’t in the Inbound routes of the FreePBX GUI
and you don’t have a Catch All DID.

For your specific situation you need to go to inbound routes --> add new route and put in exactly what you are receiving, which is:

6084939470

Set the destination for this to the IVR you wanted it to answer to. You should also add a catch all DID route.